Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Derby away. Returned tickets

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
I picked up one of these for the Forest game. Trick is log on ten minutes prior to this and keep refreshing on the buy page until they appear. Chances are there will be 50 or less if any, so will go really quickly. Good luck.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Its all the doom mongers who believe we'll lose.

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
Plastics, there were probably loads of people that wanted tickets, but made other arrangements because they couldn't get them, selfish, buy a ticket go to the game.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
There will only be about 30 tickets up for grabs like there was for the Forest game.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Plastics, there were probably loads of people that wanted tickets, but made other arrangements because they couldn't get them, selfish, buy a ticket go to the game.

Or possibly, just possibly, the tickets returned are those unused freebies given to every club ?

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
2-1 down and going into the second leg with everything still to play for. And people return tickets? Unbelievable

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
2-1 down and going into the second leg with everything still to play for. And people return tickets? Unbelievable

They are not conventional returns but the comps set aside out of the original allocation sent down by Derby.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
All members of staff get one ticket set aside for them, if they choose not to buy it then the club put it on sale.

The offy site article did make it seem like there had been a surge of returns by faint-hearts. True or not, made me laugh

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005

Being fair, some people when they go on sale panic and buy groups of tickets for friends and families then discover one or two of them can't go for whatever reason. I've certainly done that before. I assume if these tickets are returned to the club rather than being sold on to others they would be included. It's not quite the same as deciding it isn't worth it.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Almost certainly 'returned' complementary tickets.

Club don't give refunds on paid-for tickets, do they?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Badly worded official announcement:

Supporters are advised that a number of returned tickets for the play off away leg at Derby County have gone back on sale to supporters with 1150 points or more.

To purchase your ticket please visit www.seagulls.co.uk/tickets or call 0844 327 1901. From 2pm, subject to availability, tickets will go on sale to those with 1,000 points or more.

Read more at http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/arti...r-derby-away-1544139.aspx#O4KuuwWHY6z0pqme.99

Suspect some people read that quickly thinking they went on sale at 2pm, but have in fact been on sale since the article was produced! It's only the threshold that changes at 2pm to 1,000 points.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
These are, 100% without doubt, tickets that are reserved for players' family and club partners. They are never all taken up, and the remainder are then re-sold to fans. It happens with each and every club.

You can't go back to the Amex and say "I don't fancy it any more" and get your money back. It doesn't work like that.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Just bought one. I am really looking forwarded to it. After the way the team played last night, they need and deserve all the support we can give them. It's not over yet.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here