Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why are we all (mostly) so negative?

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I know I tend to look on the bright side, but I'm not that disappointed about last night. I thought we played some of our best football of the season, despite lacking Stephens/Crofts who would have added hugely to the key area of centre-midfield. Derby are an excellent side, managed by someone who really knows his stuff, and it was no shame at all to lose - indeed, as we all know, if we'd had a little luck we could easily have won. Whether we're in the Prem (v unlikely) or the Championship, next season will be fascinating. This season was all about steadying the boat, whilst clearly doing our best to reach the top 6. That has been achieved, despite a horrendous injury list. This, in turn, has allowed the likes of Ince, March, Dunk and JF-C to progress. I'm sure next season both Ince and March will be cracking players, and I fully expect Dunk to be given the chance to show that he is one of the classiest centre-backs around at this level.

Much to look forward to!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
We were at home. We didn't win. We don't want to be unlucky.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I know I tend to look on the bright side, but I'm not that disappointed about last night. I thought we played some of our best football of the season, despite lacking Stephens/Crofts who would have added hugely to the key area of centre-midfield. Derby are an excellent side, managed by someone who really knows his stuff, and it was no shame at all to lose - indeed, as we all know, if we'd had a little luck we could easily have won. Whether we're in the Prem (v unlikely) or the Championship, next season will be fascinating. This season was all about steadying the boat, whilst clearly doing our best to reach the top 6. That has been achieved, despite a horrendous injury list. This, in turn, has allowed the likes of Ince, March, Dunk and JF-C to progress. I'm sure next season both Ince and March will be cracking players, and I fully expect Dunk to be given the chance to show that he is one of the classiest centre-backs around at this level.

Much to look forward to!

Thank you, agree 100%. Still looking forward to Sunday, we're still in with a decent shout of a grand day out at least.

*awaits binfest*

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I think it's just a case of the negative people making the most noise about it.

I agree with the OP and I'm looking forward to Sunday.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
I'm actually now more confident than I was about Sunday - we know what we need to do.

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
Totally agree. I thought last night's game was top notch, with both teams battling for control over the whole 90 minutes. There have been times this season when I have been frustrated with the play, but BHAFC is in a wonderful position and I am confident things will continue to improve.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
i thought we bossed the game last night, and were very unfortunate to lose.

if we had won 2-1 last night I dont think there would have been even a Derby fan say we didnt deserve it.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Its actually a VERY small uneducated or trolling minority of people who are negative but just get the chance to amplify their drivel on here. On the radio post match almost everyone was still positive and it was certainly the case around me in the ground.

Was a good game, far better in quality than the equivalent match between the teams at the start of the season. But we lost, it will be a strange day when you're not allowed to be disappointed about that and say so

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
None of the Albion fans I've spoken to at the match last night, or at work this morning, have been at all negative about the match or our performance. Many of them are long-term, committed and extremely knowledgeable supporters. This simply confirms to me yet again, that many frequent posters on NSC are not a representative cross-section of Albion support, and that their views on this, as on many other things, can be safely ignored.
Increasingly, the only time I tend to find posts on here at all useful or interesting is when they're about facts rather than opinion (i.e. telling me something I didn't know about the Albion - although, even then, they often turn out to be inaccurate), or, ironically, when they're on non-Albion related topics.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
The internet is a really useful soap box for people who like to moan/whinge or have an opinion that no one else is interested in.

Some of the idiots who sit in the Lower South East look like they find it difficult to dress themselves, so with a bit of luck they'll never work out the internet pixie magic needed to get access to the internet and spout their tedious "GET IT FORWARD", "CHALLENGE", "WHAT ARE YOU DOING <INSERTPLAYERNAME>? YOU'RE USELESS" drivel here.

Big_Unit

Sep 5, 2011
Hove

Much to look forward to!

This.

Even by NSC standards, there's been some astounding horsesh*t written on here in the last 12 hours or so. I honestly don't know what people are watching, sometimes - it certainly isn't the game I was at. Or in fact the season I've just seen!

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I tend to see it quite positively, Brighton were decent last night, especially the first 30 mins., Derby were always likely to gain a bit more possession at some stage in the first half its inevitable.

The defining incident must be Upson's quite reckless challenge, it changed the whole dynamic of the game, but still Brighton dominated the latter part of the game, a mix of Derby sitting back and Brighton pushing for the equaliser, whatever the reason Brighton were NOT 'turned over'.

I guess we must accept a win or draw would of been preferable, but I think the score gives Derby a real dilemna for Sunday, do they 'stick or bust'.

They are unlikely to come out all guns blazing offering perhaps some opportunity to Brighton to crank up some pressure, who knows.

Personally I think all is to play for, 2-1 loss not really effecting our chances of success, looking forward positively to Sunday :)

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Was a good game, far better in quality than the equivalent match between the teams at the start of the season. But we lost, it will be a strange day when you're not allowed to be disappointed about that and say so

I don't think anyone is particularly happy that we lost the game, but i think it's more the dullards who call for the managers head when we lose a game we're not expected to win. It's the drama-queen overreacting that people hate.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Only one goal in it which for Derby was a piece of good fortune. We're still in with a shout despite the Derby fans doing what we did last season after the first leg and getting over confident.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
First 30 minutes was pretty much the best I've seen us play this season.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
After the half time talk the team will be fine! (It's a game of four halves.)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here