Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When will PIG next save a penalty?

When will PIG save a penalty

• In a glorious penalty shoot out at Derby

Votes: 20 25.6%
  • In a glorious penalty shoot out at Wembley in the unlikely event we get there

Votes: 6 7.7%
  • During the game at Derby

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • During the game at Wembley in the unlikely event we get there

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Next season playing for us

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Next season playing for someone else

Votes: 17 21.8%
  • Never

Votes: 30 38.5%

• Total voters

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
A Poll about the Pole

Last edited:

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
To be fair. No keeper in the world would have saved that penalty last night.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He has only ever saved 1 in his entire career and needs to do some home work on the takers because he never gets anywhere near saving one of even going the right way. If a team get a penalty and itx on target it is a goal from the off.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If one sub is left on 119mins if we get to that point, Brez HAS to come on.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
If one sub is left on 119mins if we get to that point, Brez HAS to come on.

I agree, BUT, you would sooner have brought on all three to try to have won it by then I would have thought.

Could stick big Brez up front in place of a tiring Ulloa though with 15 to go, then swap jerseys with PIG at the end. That would be comedy genius.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
I recall people used to make similar comments about FDM's penalty saving prowess (or lack of) and then look what happened against Man City!

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I agree, BUT, you would sooner have brought on all three to try to have won it by then I would have thought.

Could stick big Brez up front in place of a tiring Ulloa though with 15 to go, then swap jerseys with PIG at the end. That would be comedy genius.

Your clearly a big reader of Roy of the Rovers then? :lol:

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Wasn't there a stat on here with the number of penalties scored in a row against us. I think every penalty (other than shoot outs) has been scored since Lawrence missed for Portsmouth in August 2011?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Wasn't there a stat on here with the number of penalties scored in a row against us. I think every penalty (other than shoot outs) has been scored since Lawrence missed for Portsmouth in August 2011?

Indeed. And even that one wasn't saved (he hit the post).

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Ha. Was just about to start a thread on this. Not moaning but to me Kuszczak never seems to 'commit' to either corner meaning if the taker gets it anywhere near the corners of the goal he won't stop it. To be fair, no one was stopping the penalty last night but it is surprising to me that a former top level goalkeeper hasn't saved any for us.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I remember a penalty not long ago and listening to Warren Aspinal saying "to the left" (trying to send a telapathic message) before it was taken and Koosh dived to the right whilst the ball flew into the left.

I think Koosh might have been confused to whether he meant his left or Warrens left, or telepathy is a myth.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here