Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex catering

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
They had run out of bottled water so I asked for some tap water as my wife felt queasy. I got charged the same as the bottled water which cost.....whatever. I thought this is getting silly now. Or am I just an old moaning meanie.

They had run out of bottled water so I asked for some tap water as my wife felt queasy. I got charged the same as the bottled water which cost.....whatever. I thought this is getting silly now. Or am I just an old moaning meanie.

I thought it was illegal to charge for tap water.

Cars

Feb 13, 2012
Haywards Heath
It's law that any establishment has to give tap water free of charge. You can go into any high street shop or bank etc... And ask for tap water

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I thought it was illegal to charge for tap water.

I don't know if it is or not but wanted to get back to the match so didn't argue ( unlike me really)
The steward didn't mind me taking through when I explained why.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
I suggest you contact the club regarding this. Might be a few free vouchers in it for you. Ridiculous, and as above, pretty sure illegal.

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
It's law that any establishment has to give tap water free of charge. You can go into any high street shop or bank etc... And ask for tap water

No, it is not the law. That is a common fallacy. Drinking establishments have to, but other retailers do not.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
The guy who served me was so slow I snatched the cloth he was wiping down the service area and said you serve I clean it. If you watch the guys they seemed to spend time waiting for pies walking back and fourth I am sure they could improve the speed of service which would help the fans and the club.They may have had some new staff due to being an unexpected extra game!

They should not have charged for tap water !!!

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
They are a joke there. Run by a bunch of kids who dont know what they are doing most the time. The prices of some things are messed up to. I wanted a capri sun the other week as they have a picture of a large 500ml one on the front, I though ok I'll go for that. What she got out was a tiny 200ml sachet one and was still asking for £1.80.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I went to the Ladies international at the Amex. There were hundreds of kids there probably getting their first taste of a stadium. Typical kids wanted their parents to buy them everything but after about 2 minutes of the half-time break a voice echoed along the concourse, "No more hot food". Lots of angry people and lots of sales lost. What were they doing during the first half?
Oh, and all the kiosks were closed before the end.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Lower West last night was awful they ran out of Bovril so I asked for coffee and was told only black becsuse thry had no milk or sugar. While I was in the queue a chap asked for a Harveys " sorry we have run out" What clown runs the catering at the stadium? A stupid 13 year old could do better.

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
everything about the catering at the amex nowadays is an absolute shambles;

idiotic slow staff (get some urgency you braindead youths)
nowhere near enough food/drink available (oh, you didnt realise there was going to be 25000+ at this one grrrrr)
hardly anywhere to actually put your drink whilst you eat your food (we are not 4 armed aliens).

Shame as all seemed wonderful in first season

Sort it out Albion or your revenue from this area will dive like Ronaldo in the box

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
WSU southern end after the game - southern concession stand. Useless, lazy ****witted, idiots.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I think WSU catering just gets overwhelmed by the sheer weight of numbers. North Stand seems to have a far more favourable ratio of punters to catering outlets and available stock than anywhere else in the stadium.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Much as I find it a tad frustrating asking for the same pint 4 times with hand signals and pointing, there have been many occasions where the ineptitude has worked in my favour financially

:whistle: :wink: :cheers: :dunce:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here