Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
calde-l229-1381189_478x359.jpg

PUBLISHED
09:33 9th May 2014
by James Hilsum
We still have a chance and we will fight until the last second of the game"
Inigo Calderon
2014/15 season tickets are now on general sale. Call 0844 327 1901 or buy online

Inigo Calderon says that Brighton & Hove Albion will fight until the very end after their narrow 2-1 defeat to Derby County in the Championship play-off semi-final first leg.
Chris Martin’s penalty and a Tomasz Kuszczak own goal cancelled out Jesse Lingard’s opener to give the Rams a slender lead going into the second leg, but Calderon says it is important that the team are still within touching distance going into Sunday's match.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “The important thing is that we are alive going into the second leg and there’s only one goal in it.
“Sometimes you can nick a goal from a set-piece or a penalty, so we still have a chance and we will fight until the last second of the game.
“We tried everything we could to score and we cannot ask any more of the players.
“I think we will do the same there. We still have a good chance and we will go there to take it.”

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

The full-back also admits that a bit of luck separated the two sides on the night and believes he had a genuine penalty claim that was dismissed by referee Roger East.

“They had a bit of luck, which we didn’t and you need luck in these kind of games. We hit the bar and they did as well, but their shot came off Tomasz and went in.
“We also definitely could have had a penalty in the first-half because he touched me, but he didn’t give it and that’s his decision.
“You can’t think about the referees and you have to do your job.
“I am now very confident going into the second game because I trust my teammates a lot and we know we have a chance.
“It’s going to be more like the second-half from the first leg. We’ve got to score one but they are going to play on the counter-attack.
“Hopefully it’s going to be a good game for us to play.”

2014/15 season tickets are now on general sale. Call 0844 327 1901 or buy online

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here