Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tomasz Kuszczak

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Really not sure why a majority of our fans rate the bloke so highly. Apart from being an "ok" shot stopper he has nothing else to his game. In fact his overall game is poor. He flaps at crosses, chooses to punch when its easier to catch, doesn't command his area and has two left feet. I for 1 hope he is gone next season. Would be amazed if he ended up in the premier league.This is not a wind up.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
We have seen some excellent away keepers at the Amex this season... including last night. While I would be a bit disappointed, I think there are plenty more fish in the sea, if Kuszczak decides to fill his pockets elsewhere.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Bit over the top, but he has looked very ropey recently. Last night he nearly palmed it into his own net, also doesn't look as assured at set pieces, often choosing to punch it (which Brezovan took a lot of stick for)

If he went, I would not be too disappointed as I think there are other keepers out there, just as good.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Agreed, was utterly outshone by the Derby keeper who played a blinder and has never looked secure this season - doubt any PL teams will be after him on his recent performances

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I don't think he's looked as good as he did last season.

Has he fallen out with people? Is his mind elsewhere? Maybe it's just a long dip in form?

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Really not sure why a majority of our fans rate the bloke so highly. Apart from being an "ok" shot stopper he has nothing else to his game.

He has been the most consistent, reliable goalkeeper we've had at the club for a LONG time. He's had a handful of mistakes recently, that's it.

"Ok shot stopper"... ffs.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Out of form and a bit nervy recently imo, he worries me at the moment. Here's hoping for a match saving return to form on Sunday. Pretty underwhelmed by him recently though :shrug:

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
People are simply blinded by the fact he used to be third choice at Man United and think therefore he must be amazing (and that our previous keepers were Brezovan and Ankergren). I am not worried at all if he decides to leave at the end of the season. Plenty of decent keepers banging about the Championship.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I was trying to think last night, the last time a Brighton keeper saved a penalty. Still haven't got it :shrug:

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
I do find it extraordinary that some people are slagging off our players now. The vitriol directed against JFK is disgraceful and now this.
FFS we're two days away from a second leg of a Championship semi play-off. Let's stop this nonsense and get behind the team.
If we go out on Sunday then let's have the discussion about player's future's then. But not now.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I was trying to think last night, the last time a Brighton keeper saved a penalty. Still haven't got it :shrug:

Wrexham in the shootout in the cup in 2011?

I don't think I can remember an opposition penalty save or miss in any game I've attended ever.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
He's a competent Championship standard keeper, which in itself makes him the best we've had for quite a while.

He's no more than that though. So many good performance from the opposition keepers this season. The general standard of keeping at this level is very high. (and in the Prem its a whole other level. He has ZERO chance of getting a game in the Prem next season, unless its with us. "I'm talking to Prem clubs" Good luck with that).

As unlucky as he was last night, with the ball hitting him on the back - would Lee Grant have tipped the original shot over? Probably.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I do find it extraordinary that some people are slagging off our players now. The vitriol directed against JFK is disgraceful and now this.
FFS we're two days away from a second leg of a Championship semi play-off. Let's stop this nonsense and get behind the team.
If we go out on Sunday then let's have the discussion about player's future's then. But not now.

Agree about JFC but PIG has asked for this - agent talk in the paper about being a Premier league keeper, then making glaring errors (one of which nearly cost us dearly) is not going to endear himself to anyone at the club.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Who has the most clean sheets in the Championship this year? That's right, it's TOMAS KUSZCZAK. Of course it's the whole defence which has contributed towards that, but to say he's 'an OK shot stopper' is just wrong.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
We didn't kneed knee jerk reactions after Forest and we have to back him after yesterday.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
best keeper we've had that i've ever seen by a country mile

Last season I would have agreed with you but I now feel Graham Moseley, Peter Grumitt and Ben Roberts were just as good, if not better with their all round game.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here