Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What to do with William Buckley????

Seagulls1984

Aug 8, 2011
Steyning
Great player when fit but its ridiculous at the moment , can't keep going on like this . Will any club really sign him, I can't see it. This sounds stupid but I'd imagine he not far from retirement , you can get 4 or 5 hamstring injurys a season and expect to get contracts. Very sad tho.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Great player when fit but its ridiculous at the moment , can't keep going on like this . Will any club really sign him, I can't see it. This sounds stupid but I'd imagine he not far from retirement , you can get 4 or 5 hamstring injurys a season and expect to get contracts. Very sad tho.

He needs to find something to sort himself out. I read that Ryan Giggs used to suffer with regular hamstring issues in his younger years, and MU eventually had to tailor a unique training programme for him, and of course he famously turned to Yoga.

Buckley is 24, with a full career in front of him, but somebody needs to work out the specifics of what is going wrong.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
He does have other strings to his bow other than pace, such as his finishing ability, but it seems like when he gets too nervous to really put on the afterburners due to his hamstring issues the other aspects of his game suffer just as much.

Kevlar

Dec 20, 2013
He needs to find something to sort himself out. I read that Ryan Giggs used to suffer with regular hamstring issues in his younger years, and MU eventually had to tailor a unique training programme for him, and of course he famously turned to Yoga.

Buckley is 24, with a full career in front of him, but somebody needs to work out the specifics of what is going wrong.

Giggs has said one way he managed his chronic hamstring problems was
to never run at full speed.He had many other attributes .
the question for will is how far can he go in the game without his
tremendous pace? Sadly he will not be the first or last sportsman to
not fufill his potential due to injuries

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
We should have sold him to Sunderland in January. £1.5million for a nearly always injured player?!! We could have signed Conway and possibly another.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Its a confidence thing now. He looks nervous, every tweak hits him. Not wanting to run at pace etc. Perhaps a good close season of rest may assist? We have a good doctor on the payroll so you have to assume he has looked at all avenues already?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Hopefully the new training ground will help, better training pitches same as the AMEX etc.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath

Have him stuffed and put in the museum.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Would suggest most of the problem is in his head. How you can be taken off for an injury then 60 mins later state in an interview you'll be ok for a game in three days time doesn't compute.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Would suggest most of the problem is in his head. How you can be taken off for an injury then 60 mins later state in an interview you'll be ok for a game in three days time doesn't compute.

I'm sure our physio team do a wonderful professional job, but as each player has come back this season, they have shown the same trait - fear of getting injured again! I do wonder whether the players are getting the correct mental training as well as physical while sidelined.

Leo is the perfect example and CMS is the exception (but I think he has overflowing inner reserves of enthusiasm - all shown by the run up the right wing last night as soon as he was brought on - if there had been a brick wall there, he'd still have taken it on!)

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Don't really get this argument about his pace is his only asset - he is technically a good player. Didn't he provide the backheel prior to the goal?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here