Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Away Goalies this season!

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
I don't know about you, but it just summed it up last night when the Derby goalie Grant was named the skysports man of the match!
Another very impressive performance from an away keeper this season, some quality saves to give Derby that slight edge over us. If Derby go up and they don't keep him, yes please!

Other impressive away keepers this season - El Habsi (Wigan), despite the time wasting. Kept us out with the numerous chances we had!

McCarthy (Reading) - again some fine last moment saves to keep us from winning!

Randolph (Birmingham) - kept us at bay for long periods before being undone by a piece of Spanish Dave magic.

Any other away keepers that have stood out for you?

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Butland for Barnsley, Camp for Bournemouth. No shortage of decent keepers in this division. Either that, or we just always seem to catch them on a good day.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
The Bubble at Boro had a good game against us

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I'm not sure the past two televised games have done PIG's chances of getting to fulfil his dreams of playing in the PL (assuming we don't go up) any good, unfortunately.

However, if he's isn't with us next season – it's heartening to know there are some pretty good keepers around to potentially step in and fill his shoes.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Another thing on a similar subject is when did an away team last miss a penalty against us? They ALWAYS bloody score.

There was a thread on this a while ago. They've scored something daft like 14 last 15 pens against us, whereas in the same number of recent pens, we've missed a third of them!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Another thing on a similar subject is when did an away team last miss a penalty against us? They ALWAYS bloody score.

Yep PIG never looks like saving a penalty. If somehow we are level with a minute to go I'd sub him off for Big Pete who looks far more likely to save one or two. That said by that stage I guess we would have used all three subs.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Yep PIG never looks like saving a penalty. If somehow we are level with a minute to go I'd sub him off for Big Pete who looks far more likely to save one or two. That said by that stage I guess we would have used all three subs.

Lua Lua for Buckley
March for Orlandi
CMS for Lingard

...would be my guess!!!

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Butland for Barnsley.

Yes, he was definitely on form that night, *******!

And I have forgotten to mention a goalie had the beard of the season!!

That was Hamer the Charlton keeper. Impressive facial hair, but a bit of a naff show in goal!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here