Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many penalties would you have given last night?

How many penalties would you have given last night?

• 0 - I'm completely blind

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • 1 - I've just booked myself into Specsavers

Votes: 25 16.7%

Votes: 81 54.0%

Votes: 41 27.3%

• Total voters

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
1 each. There penalty was nailed on. Not sure why he dived in like that. Very un Upson like.
I would have given the one on Calderon although i was quite far away from it. Did not have a good view of any other appeals.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Three maybe four.
Theirs was an absolute stonewall. Two for blatently obvious holding / shirt pulling on Ulloa. Maybe the Calde one but not sure.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Personally I thought the corner incident in the first half where Leo and their defender were lectured THEN as the corner was taken Leo was grappled in a manner that would have impressed Big Daddy. I feel had the talk not just taken place, it was nailed on.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Two - the one they did get and the one we should have got for the foul on Calderon.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Two, one each. Calderon penalty looked clear cut to me. Couldn't really see the others. Ulloa's was a shirt pull but he is just as guilty of that so hard one to give I think

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Two. Theirs and Calde. I think the latter was just too big a call for the officials so early in a big game. Which is cowardly rather than correct.

Who knows how we'd have been feeling today if we'd had 2 goals to protect at 20 mins? (though we might have sat back after the first...so no way of knowing that would be the case).

I also find it hard to fathom how a ref can watch a shirt pull on a striker from ten yards away and not penalise it. But none of them take that seriously, so didn't really expect to get that one.

The annoying thing is, assuming it's a different ref, we'll probably now get a bloke with an entirely different approach, who gives a penalty to the home side if we breathe on them.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The annoying thing is, assuming it's a different ref, we'll probably now get a bloke with an entirely different approach, who gives a penalty to the home side if we breathe on them.

The ref on Sunday is Pawson. We know for a fact that he's not afraid to make a big decision as he put us down to 9 men inside 12 minutes at home to Burnley.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
If Calderon had not twisted his body so dramatically when he went down that would have been given as a pen. Don't think the other one was a penalty as both players were pulling each other about for the whole 90min

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield

PIG just never looks like saving penalties :(

Also, Chris Martin's shushing of the crowd has to be the wimpiest I've ever seen, he was practically hiding his head when he did it. If you're going to be a prick, you may as well go full Adebayor about it.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
The more I see it, the more I think Calde's was a pen, could easily be given any other time. Theirs was utterly stonewall, no doubt.

Lots of shirt pulling and tugging/climbing all over Leo in the second half... The worst of this (which nothing was given of course) was then followed about 20 seconds later by a tug on one of their player's shirts, which he gave a foul for.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
One, possibly two. Theirs was stone wall. Ours would have had a greater chance of being given later in the game, but it's still not clear cut. I'm undecided.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here