Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Derby match report

Crewton Ram

Jan 10, 2013
I thought we were unlucky last night in some respects but once again we missed a few tricks in both midfield and our support of Ulloa. See what you think.

http://brightononlyathome.wordpress.com/2014/05/09/derby-at-home-a-tale-of-two-midfields/

A good and fair account that. The consensus amongst our fans seems to be that the game could just as easily have ended level or as a narrow victory for Brighton. There's also agreement that our task wouldn't have been any different - we still need to win on Sunday to be sure and I know McClaren will be drumming that into the players. As last night demonstrated, we're not watertight and sitting back inviting pressure doesn't really suit us, apart from giving us the opportunity to break quickly. At home, I suspect the approaches of the two teams will be a mirror image and we'll need to be wary of getting caught on the break.

It promises to be another nerve-shredding finale.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
A good and fair account that. The consensus amongst our fans seems to be that the game could just as easily have ended level or as a narrow victory for Brighton. There's also agreement that our task wouldn't have been any different - we still need to win on Sunday to be sure and I know McClaren will be drumming that into the players. As last night demonstrated, we're not watertight and sitting back inviting pressure doesn't really suit us, apart from giving us the opportunity to break quickly. At home, I suspect the approaches of the two teams will be a mirror image and we'll need to be wary of getting caught on the break.

It promises to be another nerve-shredding finale.

Thanks. It certainly does!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Good summary. One question – and I might be being a bit of a :dunce: GDC?

As it's the end of the season I shan't continue last time's wind up.

Gentleman's Drinking Club. Though I am a part time member at best and there are also quite a female members....

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
As it's the end of the season I shan't continue last time's wind up.

Gentleman's Drinking Club. Though I am a part time member at best and there are also quite a female members....

Ah, right. :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here