Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Oscars 'style'

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Feel free to flame.

Our chairman loves a yes man (I.e. Oscar). We would be top two right now under poyet (that is the underling reason why people are unhappy).

We are not good enough. Derby could have scored more, looked threatening each time they attack (makes it even worse when they had one shot on target yet looked more dangerous). We probably had 65% possession and we only looked threatening for the first ten minutes. So much for this 'attacking' crap, we simply look like an ineffective side, exactly like the side in our first year in the championship.

Under Oscar we will NEVER be promoted. Not complaining just stating how it will be. Feel sorry for the guy, but at least march looks like a top top player (how does Orlandi play instead of him?!?!?). I think LONG term under Oscar we can grow to be a decent side but sadly our support will fade away after seeing the football poyet had us playing for his final 3 months.

Something doesn't feel right and I'm sure it will come out in the summer.

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
Feel free to flame.

Our chairman loves a yes man (I.e. Oscar). We would be top two right now under poyet (that is the underling reason why people are unhappy).

We are not good enough. Derby could have scored more, looked threatening each time they attack (makes it even worse when they had one shot on target yet looked more dangerous). We probably had 65% possession and we only looked threatening for the first ten minutes. So much for this 'attacking' crap, we simply look like an ineffective side, exactly like the side in our first year in the championship.

Under Oscar we will NEVER be promoted. Not complaining just stating how it will be. Feel sorry for the guy, but at least march looks like a top top player (how does Orlandi play instead of him?!?!?). I think LONG term under Oscar we can grow to be a decent side but sadly our support will fade away after seeing the football poyet had us playing for his final 3 months.

Bet you weren't saying this after the Forest game.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Top six finish after an injury plagued season and you slate the manager ?, as for Poyet all he would of done is complain about the budget and tout himself for the Leeds job.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Top six finish after an injury plagued season and you slate the manager ?, as for Poyet all he would of done is complain about the budget and tout himself for the Leeds job.

Just saying his 'style' whatever it may be (because I personally have no idea what it is) won't work in the championship.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
I just posted this on the other Oscar thread but I'll post it up here despite this blatant "look at me!" troll thread:

I've just had a little look at the stats for Maccabi Tel Aviv's championship winning season for 2012-2013:

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/ma..._119_2012.html

It seems like Oscar mainly used at least 2, sometimes 3 strikers. With various permutations of 4-3-3, 5-2-3, 4-4-2 and 5-3-2.

He never once used a lone striker up front.

I'm wondering why he changed his attacking philosophy after coming here, especially regarding the lone striker. Is it because he thinks Ulloa's the only decent striker we have? Did he have a look at our crop of players and decide to stick to Poyet's formation (pretty much) because he perceived that was the best way to play to their strengths?

I think he could be a great manager for us if he was really allowed to mould the team into playing the way he played with Maccabi.

Trouble is we'd need to buy at least 3 strikers and keep Ulloa if we were to regularly play 2 up front next season.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Just saying his 'style' whatever it may be (because I personally have no idea what it is) won't work in the championship.
There are plenty of championship teams that finished below us this season so whats not working? I personally feel losing Crofts was a massive massive blow for us and with him in the side all season who knows where we would of finished.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Leave it until after Sunday.

We are still in with a chance ffs.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
Feel free to flame.

sorry disagree with this Under Oscar we will NEVER be promoted

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I've said it all season.....difference being poyet is a better manager and hard to adjust to this fact.

So, during his first year in English football, Garcia has got us to the play off semi final with an injury riven squad shorn of some of last year's star players, the same position Poyet acheived and yet Poyet is the better manager?

You're a flabbyhead.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Feel free to flame.

Who do you want to replace him?

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Feel free to flame.

We would not be top 2 under poyet right now as the funds were and are not available to acheive that which is why he left, we also still sell our key players for peanuts another reason we will not get promoted inthe near future, the Albion realy do lack ambition tonight showed that,happy to acheive the play offs and happy to not get promoted as derby are the leagues top scorers FFS

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
We are getting promoted this season.

This thread is my proof.

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
I don't disagree with you and have been saying the same for some time now. We have to be more positive next year, especially at home. Interesting to read another poster's information on Garcia's formations at Maccabi. He may have gone with just one up front out of necessity when Ulloa was the only fit striker, but that is not the case anymore. I hope he looks closely at the formations that tend to get teams out of this division and adapts for next season. Unless home performances improve I cant see him being here for long. And no...I haven't given up on our chances for Sunday, but its now a very tough ask.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
but at least March looks like a top player (how does Orlandi play instead of him?!?!?).

Shoot me down if you like, but it could be because he is not Spanish.
I have nothing against Garcia, but I think there could a bit of favoritism in the camp at times.
I am not being racist, just an observation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here