Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Potg

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Did anyone else notice that the kiosks down outside the North were advertising tickets on the night cash only . I thought we were not allowed to do that ?

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Did anyone else notice that the kiosks down outside the North were advertising tickets on the night cash only . I thought we were not allowed to do that ?

You think anyone would take on a legal challenge to stop a venue accepting cash for an immediate entry?

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
What was the final crowd figure, they didn't announce it in the ground, or I missed it.....the BBC doesn't quote it either.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Attendance isn't even on our own website. Possibly the guy who usuallly makes the number up doesn't work on Thursdays.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Been doing it all season

So; you have been able to walk up to the kiosk on match day and purchase a ticket . That's the first i have heard of it . If so why have they not set up credit card machines rather than cash only

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
So; you have been able to walk up to the kiosk on match day and purchase a ticket . That's the first i have heard of it . If so why have they not set up credit card machines rather than cash only

keeping it on the quiet as they arent supposed to? i thought it was a planning restriction that all games had to be all ticket (this could have been Withdean though).

keeping it on the quiet as they arent supposed to? i thought it was a planning restriction that all games had to be all ticket (this could have been Withdean though).
My understanding is that the restriction on POTG is part of the agreed transport scheme, rather than a restriction in its own right. The logic is that people travelling to the game should have pre-paid a sum of money that will encourage them to use public, rather than private transport.

If thousands of people opted for POTG, it would also be necessary for the bus and rail operators to be much more stringent about checking travel tickets - and that, of course, would slow the public transport system down - which would disbenefit everyone.

Selling Pay On The Day tickets at railway stations (or even on buses) would overcome that problem.

The other piece of logic is that POTG can lead to vast numbers of fans being stuck outside the ground without a seat being available to them - but this can obviously be dealt with on a game-by-game basis, with POTG only being made available when there is no likelihood of this problem arising.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here