Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Oscar: We Were Denied TWO Penalties

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Oscar Garcia was tonight left to fuming by referee Roger East's performance, and branding Derby County's 2-1 win a "totally unfair result".*
The Seagulls supremo praised his side's display, as they dominated proceedings - but felt match official East failed to award what Brighton & Hove Albion's head coach considered two penalties.*
Oscar said, "It was clear we should have had two penalties: one in the first half when Calderon was fouled in the area, and one in the second half when Leo's shirt was pulled.*
"Both were penalties - so was their one, I have no complaints about that. I could speak to the referee about the two decisions, but it won’t change anything. He made the decisions, it's not for me to judge him, he has a boss who will do that."

Oscar praised his side's dominant display, and says his team still have everything to play for at the iPro Stadium this Sunday.
"We were much better than them and deserved much more - but the only area where they were better than us was in front of goal.
"We started strongly; our plan was to keep that up for the whole game. We did really well and deserved the goal - and we had a penalty claim that the referee did not give - but he then he gave their one.
"The man of the match was their goalkeeper and that means a lot when you consider that they finished third in the league with a very good side who are also the top scoring team in the league.
"We played much better than them and I am very proud of my players; they gave everything. *
"I am just very disappointed with the result but I think we showed everybody that we have a good squad and that we play good football
"The Derby fans are happy because they won the first leg but we will have to see what happens on Sunday.
"We now need to be positive for the second leg and have belief that we can win there. It will not be easy because they have not lost that many games at home but we will go there and try everything."*

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here