Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Next goal wins

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
It's only half time. We need to play tighter in the first half up there, then go for it in the second half.

We score first and it's there for the taking.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If we score first there they will be very scared in my view.

Personally think the game is wide open

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
If we score first there they will be very scared in my view.

Personally think the game is wide open

Agreed. McClaren said as much as well.

A one goal lead to take into your home leg is a dangerous scoreline. Do you attack or defend? We struggled to get it right v Swindon.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
100% agree. It will be interesting to see what tactics each side employ but I'd imagine it will be similar to tonight. Just hope CMS gets a start. Even if he can only last an hour its better than 10 minutes at the end, looked well up for it tonight, March too.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Must admit Swindon game was very similar, we won away, then funnily enough didn't know how to play at home...conceded 1 goal then almost threw it all away if it wasn't for AV..

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
It's only half time. We need to play tighter in the first half up there, then go for it in the second half.

I agree ...conversely they score first..and it's all over...I was surprised they sat back second half..a third would have killed the tie..I hope we make them pay

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
We have never lost an away game in the playoffs

Millwall 1991 w 2.1
Swindon 2003 w 1.0
Palace 2013 d 0.0

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011

That is exactly our problem, we seem to think scoring the 1st goal wins the game,when in fact scoring the most goals wins the game

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
You know in your heart that if we do score 1st we will sit back and defend we have done all season, shit tactics shit manager

Mate - **** off just for once

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Just stating the facts sorry for that

Which is precisely what does not happen actually - why not go and support another club if you despise the set up so much ?

W3 BHA

Nov 16, 2009
Mate - **** off just for once

He has a point - even the commentators on Sky said, and I quote, 'It's totally unacceptable that there is only ever one in the box.' Later, one of them said, 'I am nothing to do with Brighton but, please, get someone up there.' We play lovely possession football right up to the last third then we don't have a clue what to do. Our corners and free kicks are lame and that's being kind and when we have a throw in there is never anyone in a good position. It does not make you a bad fan or any less a supporter to take off those rose tinted glasses and admit our faults. Roll on Sunday and lets hope for a 'Leicester' performance.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
So far this season against Derby we have had: 2 huge pen shouts denied; a deflected long shot goal against; an own goal off of the keeper's arse. It's our turn for a bit of luck; it has to be!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
He has a point - even the commentators on Sky said, and I quote, 'It's totally unacceptable that there is only ever one in the box.' Later, one of them said, 'I am nothing to do with Brighton but, please, get someone up there.' We play lovely possession football right up to the last third then we don't have a clue what to do. Our corners and free kicks are lame and that's being kind and when we have a throw in there is never anyone in a good position. It does not make you a bad fan or any less a supporter to take off those rose tinted glasses and admit our faults. Roll on Sunday and lets hope for a 'Leicester' performance.

In my view he has no point, if we are that shit in his view go and support another team and **** off

Oh and thanks for the armchair comment

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here