Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Good policing tonight

Albion15

Nov 19, 2012
There were a couple of groups of derby fans kicking off in the train queue after the game. It was good to see about 3 police officers dealing with about 10 persistent derby fans clearly looking for a fight. It was equally good to see a few brighton lads seeing off about 6 other derby fans.

As for the game i thought we were unlucky.
59 % possession to brighton
14 shots to brighton compared to 6
5 shots on target to brighton compared to 1

Its not over yet !

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Saw a few rucks as a few dozen Derby fans trying to jump in at the top of the MR P&R.

Either they didn't/couldn't read the right signs for the P&R or the stewards were slack in letting them go through at the bottom of the coach steps.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Saw a few rucks as a few dozen Derby fans trying to jump in at the top of the MR P&R.

Either they didn't/couldn't read the right signs for the P&R or the stewards were slack in letting them go through at the bottom of the coach steps.

That's how it looked at first, but actually think they were trying to get to their coaches which had been parked in the overflow beyond the park and ride buses.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
That's how it looked at first, but actually think they were trying to get to their coaches which had been parked in the overflow beyond the park and ride buses.

Aha...

Shame no-one told the stewards!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I think we are pretty lucky with our policing and stewarding in general. I still think there are too many of the latter around the ground, but otherwise it's a 9/10 for me.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
There were a couple of groups of derby fans kicking off in the train queue after the game. It was good to see about 3 police officers dealing with about 10 persistent derby fans clearly looking for a fight. It was equally good to see a few brighton lads seeing off about 6 other derby fans.

As for the game i thought we were unlucky.
59 % possession to brighton
14 shots to brighton compared to 6
5 shots on target to brighton compared to 1

Its not over yet !

The 3 dealing with the lads on the ramp were good, but do think they would have been better had they actually arrested the ring leader - clearly the sort that should be banned from football for a year or more. The WPC was really good though - handled herself very well considering her size.

However, there were a few minor incidents prior to this and there were no "spotter" coppers at the top of the bridge leading towards the uni, or alongside the queue. Things would have been quiet had it been nipped in the bud with a visible presence quicker.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
I think we are pretty lucky with our policing and stewarding in general. I still think there are too many of the latter around the ground, but otherwise it's a 9/10 for me.

They're not just there as jumped-up bouncers though. They're on-hand for help, advice, first-aid...not just security. Personally whenever I go to the Amex they're a low-key presence, but always there if ever you need them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here