Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Corners, freekicks & crosses

SirGully

Jul 26, 2013
1. How many crosses/corners do we need to get it accurately into the box?

2. You know them free kick we see week in, week out where if players miss them they end up in far corner of the net, yeh, why do we NEVER do them?

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
Our set pieces have been dreadful all season. We need a lot of work in that area.

More than a lot monkey man imo its our weakest point and has been all season if we got that right we'd be bloody lethal.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Our corners are appalling. That one near the end where we just passed it straight to a Derby player 10 yards away summed it up.

SirGully

Jul 26, 2013
I never get why we cheer a corner, i'd love to see stats i reckon we may have conceded more goals after 20 seconds of our corner then us converting in the same time...

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Our corners were so bad they pretty much turned into Derby counter attacking opportunities.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
I never get why we cheer a corner, i'd love to see stats i reckon we may have conceded more goals after 20 seconds of our corner then us converting in the same time...

Don't know about the counter stat, but corners lead to a goal about 1% of the time (for the side taking the corner obviously).

Short corners tonight seemed daft, time and time again just lead to giving Derby a chance to break. If it's not working stop doing it!

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Who the hell coaches us insofar as free-kicks, passing and corners are concerned? Whoever it is hasn't got a clue what they're doing. Just what do the team do on the training ground?

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Many crosses either over hit or near post and we never seem to have someone attacking the near post so it makes it easy for the defenders.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Agreed, our set piece routines have been pretty lousy and very predictable this season. As somebody above mentioned, so many are overhit making it easy peasy for defenders. Tonight was particularly poor with most failing to get anywhere near Leo who you would assume, was the intended target.

Room for improvement next season, whichever League we may be in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here