Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Derby were poor

St Leonards Seagull

Jul 10, 2012
This may be the drink talking but I thought Derby were poor tonight, and we were unfortunate to lose. We tend to play better away this season so bring on Sunday.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Derby were not poor came with a game plan and when they broke with pace (didn't know you were allowed to do that) they looked threatening plusthey put us off our passing game with just the right amount of rough house tactics.

That said it is still game on and I share your optimism for Sunday.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Derby were clearly much better than us all over the pitch. We started brilliantly but took our foot off the pedal as soon as the clock hit 20 minutes.

If we can play like we did for the first 20 mins all game at Derby on Sunday then I'll have optimism. March needs to start

St Leonards Seagull

Jul 10, 2012
Fair play to them if that was their plan it was well executed. No sour grapes here, I have not seen a lot of Derby this season I just expected them to control more of the game.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Derby weren't poor but they certainly weren't brilliant. They ended the first half really well and I fully expected them to come out in the second half and put the game to bed but they didn't. Instead they just sat back and let us attack and luckily for them we didn't find a way through. If they had played like that against a more clinical team they would have lost.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
County came to attack, and once we began to take the game to them they closed the shutters. A draw would have been a fair result, but a defeat is no injustice. They are too strong for us.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Fair play to them if that was their plan it was well executed. No sour grapes here, I have not seen a lot of Derby this season I just expected them to control more of the game.

Good teams with good managers have a habit of playing the way they need to get results. I also expected to see more from Derby but it looked like they came with a plan and executed it perfectly to get the draw they wanted and the win they hoped for

Dan The Man

Sep 27, 2011
Mile Oak
they were very quick on the break and defended well....dont think they were poor.....we just couldnt break them down.....

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Derby were clearly much better than us all over the pitch. We started brilliantly but took our foot off the pedal as soon as the clock hit 20 minutes.

If we can play like we did for the first 20 mins all game at Derby on Sunday then I'll have optimism. March needs to start

I don't agree with the highlighted bit as they were not really in our half of the pitch that much!

I do agree with the rest of it though - the way we started pressing high and keeping the pressure on, they looked very shaky at the back. Once we lost that initial impetus, they looked more solid. Not sure we can do it for a whole game, but we need to give it a go. Solly was excellent and must start - he will get one of their players sent off on Sunday playing like that.

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
I was inline with the penalty, thought it was a dive, looked like the derby player played the defender, we had 2 better penalty calls not given, poor ref with no bottle. Derby I have to admit move the ball faster and more clinical passers. Jake Forster-Caskey was total shite, don't know how he starts instead of March.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here