Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If the club made all tickets 'print at home'

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Would it actually bother anyone?

I cannot imagine many scenarios where it is more convenient to collect printed tickets at the stadium than print your own tickets at home.

Having printed tickets to collect costs the club time and money printing them and staffing collection. If the only option was print and home it would save the club money and be more convenient for 99% of fans... It is accepted practice from Easyjet etc.

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
Would it actually bother anyone?

I cannot imagine many scenarios where it is more convenient to collect printed tickets at the stadium than print your own tickets at home.

Having printed tickets to collect costs the club time and money printing them and staffing collection. If the only option was print and home it would save the club money and be more convenient for 99% of fans... It is accepted practice from Easyjet etc.

People with no access to a printer.

Marty___Mcfly

Sep 14, 2011
They don't exist.

Print at home / work / the library.

For the few who would find it inconvenient it is a huge hassle for the club. If Easyjet etc. can do it and everyone manages to print their own boarding passes, no reason why the club can't.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Am I right in saying that people buying tickets over the phone don't have the option of print-at-home? In which case it's people who don't (or won't) do online booking that have the problem.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I would suggest better use of smartphone technology - I would bet more people have a smart phone than a printer.

I'd agree with this but problems could arise if you don't have the e-ticket saved or cached - trying to get a 3G or 4G signal by the turnstiles could be tricky.
Also the battery could have run out on your blower.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
For some reason tickets I bought on-line for a couple of mates I wasn't offered the option to print at home. Not sure why this would have been. Other tickets I bought at a different time I'm concerned that the scanner won't recognise the bar code and they will have to join what will already be a massive queue to get them reissued. Wait and see I suppose.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I would suggest better use of smartphone technology - I would bet more people have a smart phone than a printer.

Agree and this approach is heavily used by airlines. The added advantage is you can buy tickets travelling to the game without needing to do anything other than purchase

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I think if we had a club shop in town it would have made the situation a lot easier, or if they'd let people buy them in person in the first place.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
They don't exist.

Print at home / work / the library.

For the few who would find it inconvenient it is a huge hassle for the club. If Easyjet etc. can do it and everyone manages to print their own boarding passes, no reason why the club can't.

Believe it or not football used to be a working class sport where it's fans had manual jobs. Those people still exist and occasionally go to football so I'm told.

That said I've worked in tech all of my adult life and never once felt the need to own a printer. Sure there is one in the office but what happens if a work from home?

Given the amount of people the club are expecting to collect their tickets tonight I'd guess quite a few people would mind.

...only those not online print at home is the way to go and takes it back to the days of, "Albion area at home, think I will make a last minute decision to go". However I cannot believe that when the scheme first came in some idiots just printed the email and not the attachment with the barcode:ffsparr: plus whistling smiley who seems to be on his/her lunchbreak.

Marty___Mcfly

Sep 14, 2011
Idea:

How about having some ATM style machines where you could buy tickets or collect tickets with a reference. These could be at Brighton Station and at the stadium. Wouldn't need staffing so cheap for the club to run. A touch screen interface would make it easy to select seats like you do on the website. You could also register for a fan number on the machine which would mean anyone could buy.

I have seen abroad a system where you can but tickets for football matches and concerts at actual ATM's which was very convenient but limited capabilities for touchscreen due to small screen size.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
If Easyjet etc. can do it and everyone manages to print their own boarding passes, no reason why the club can't.

maybe the club want to be more inclusive than EasyJet? you've been given an obvious scenario where its less convenient than collecting from the club. personally i have a printer and would find it more convenient to collect than dig out the wretched thing check its got ink, check i've got paper, check the print out it good enough... etc. a special trip to the library more convenient than collection? think it through more.

Marty___Mcfly

Sep 14, 2011
How to buy tickets for concerts and events in Barcelona?
Page Content

Q: Could you please let me know how to buy tickets for concerts and main events in Barcelona. Is there a contact telephone number of an agent that can do this?

A: There are many different tickets selling organizations in Barcelona. One which is popular and used by the locals is the ServiCaixa.

La Caixa is one of the most important banks here in Spain and offers a ticket selling service. You can purchase the tickets online. The languages available are English, Spanish and Catalan. If you know the venue simply type it into their search box. If you know the kind of event, the date and place where it takes place and then you only have to follow the instructions they give to complete the purchasing process. To collect the tickets, you can

go to a ServiCaixa ATM of "la Caixa". There are usually two types of ATM (which stands for automated Telling Machine or auto bank): the ATM's that offer the ServiCaixa service have a "ServiCaixa" logo on the machine. To pick up your concert tickets you will need to retrieve them between 24 - 48 hours before the beginning of the concert, depending on the venue.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here