Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reading and Admin

Heard a rumour from a RFC season ticket holder last night that one of their creditors are seeking to place an admin order against RFC over an unpaid debt of circa £1 million. Absolutely no idea if this is true or not but thought I'd mention it in passing.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
They are in a bad shape. Released all of their out of contact players yesterday and signed a load of youth team with pro contracts. Apparently they are not extending existing contracts.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Of their released players. Kaspars Gorkss might be worth consideration. Good defender, and a big threat at set pieces.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Have their parachute payments ended yet? Thought that would keep them solvent for a while.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Have their parachute payments ended yet? Thought that would keep them solvent for a while.

No where near. They only came down last season, so they must have at least 2 more years (possibly 3?)

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
If you look at the wage bills of some of these clubs relegated the parachute payment doesn't even come close to covering it, let alone can be used to go out and buy players with.

I'm sure I read Wigan had a £35 mill wage bill when they came down with an £18 mill parachute payment. Readings wage bill was probably less but still dont think they'll have money to throw around.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Heard a while back from an accountant mate in Reading that they are having problems . Not surprising as the Russian has gone back home and Auto trader not doing that well for Johnny Mad with Ebay and online eroding his business badly .

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
This is causing me internal conflict. I do not want to laughing at the misfortune of others.

Football is such a joke.

BattFink

Jan 31, 2012
Buggers Hole
This is causing me internal conflict. I do not want to laughing at the misfortune of others.

Originally did kind of feel the same, but then had a think and the only thing I really detest about Reading is Adkins!

Don't ever like seeing a football club going down the toilet (even Palace when they were facing the abyss)

If the rumour mill is to be believed I hear that Reading took out quite a substantial loan somepoint last season which is due to be settled in the next couple of weeks (once again only a rumour)

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The parachute payments are £23million in 2013/14, £18million in 2014/15, £9million in each of 2015/16 and 2016/17, so Reading's income will fall by £5million in this regard next season.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Originally did kind of feel the same, but then had a think and the only thing I really detest about Reading is Adkins!
Indeed.
Don't ever like seeing a football club going down the toilet (even Palace when they were facing the abyss)
I wouldn't want any club to disappear altogether, but it's nice seeing the likes of Pompey suffer a bit.

It's teams like Leicester that piss me off the most. Into admin, write off the debt that gave them their ground, then go on a spending spree.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Perhaps Nadkins convinced the Reading board there was nothing to be worried about and they would bounce back straight away. Makes it even funnier if they decided to stick two fingers up to FFP.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here