Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What time do you normally get to the Amex before a game?

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
and tonight?

Midweek is usually 20 mins before depending on traffic and the queue for The Bridge. I usually time it to work until 6 and then stop for food on the way.

Saturday I usually take the train as i've got more time. Usually aim for 45 mins before the game. Time to get in, queue for food and watch whatever's going on on the pitch/read the programme.

Do you have any pre game rituals?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Midweek - usually about 20 minutes before kick-off depending on trains back from London

Saturdays - about 45 minutes before kick-off

Tonight - 2 hours before kick-off (working from home) :thumbsup:

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Straight to pub from work at 4:30, meet kids at btn station 6:20, at ground by 6:45. Same for all evening games.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Mithras about one hour before KO. Always think this is plenty of time and every home game I have to rush the pint because of the traffic queues. Tonight arranged to be at Mithras at 6:15 as I'm not driving so two pint action I think.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Usually 90 mins before kick off.

Even earlier than that for me. I take that bus in my avatar from home at 10.53 on Saturdays, change at the Old Steine, and arrive at the ground taking in the atmosphere just as the gates open at 1.00. If l don't get that early bus it means wheeling a trolley round Sainsbury's with the missus. Which would you rather do?

BattFink

Jan 31, 2012
Buggers Hole
Weekday games I'm lucky to get there before kickoff (usually get in the stadium as GOSBTS is being done)

Weekends - kind of depends on how the pints are flowing

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm normally there 10-20 minutes before kickoff.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Dicks at six weekdays, dicks at 12:30 Saturday's - can't understand why people choose to turn up just before KO!

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
In the ground about an hour before kick off, take seat about 5 - 10 before kick off after Pie and pint on the concourse.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Weekend games I meet [MENTION=1663]Scoffers[/MENTION] off the charabanc from Buggers Hole about 2.15ish.

Mid week depends where I am working. WFH today so a pint in town then off to Dick's most likely.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Saturday Games vary. If no pre match drinks going on, I get the 2.34 from Hove takes about 4 Minutes to Brighton, Jump on the train to Falmer arrive in my seat a couple of minutes before KO.

Weekday games, generally a lottery. tonight finishing work at 4.30 head to the pub and arrive at the ground a few minutes before KO.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Weekend games I meet @Scoffers off the charabanc from Buggers Hole about 2.15ish.

Mid week depends where I am working. WFH today so a pint in town then off to Dick's most likely.

And I meet [MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION], the literary genius from Portslade, about the same time for my first pint, of course it's usually his fourth by that time but who is counting :)

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
and tonight?

Midweek is usually 20 mins before depending on traffic and the queue for The Bridge. I usually time it to work until 6 and then stop for food on the way.

Saturday I usually take the train as i've got more time. Usually aim for 45 mins before the game. Time to get in, queue for food and watch whatever's going on on the pitch/read the programme.

Do you have any pre game rituals?

I can't answer this as I left for Dicks five minutes ago:drink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here