Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

May the best team win...

Redcar

May 8, 2014
Morning you guys!

(Sensible Rams fan here - hope you don't mind!)

Brighton....... lovely city, went last summer with the family, the boys loved it, spent half our time in that trendy trainer shop down a small street... the weather was amazing, had wall to wall sunshine and a great week. Amazing bars on the front, the youngest did that surfing thing where you stand up... loved it... stayed at the Jurys Inn by the station, nice walk down the hill... in fact, would live there, one of my top 3 fave places in the UK I have visited.

Anyway, to the football... how you feeling? nervous, anxious, apprehensive, confident....? all the emotions I bet... well, you have obviously had a decent season, and I don't go with anyone saying you sneaked in... you have been there or thereabouts all season and deserved you place in the top six... so congrats. Watched you beat our rivals on the last day at the City Ground... was hilarious to hear the red dogs sing "thats why your staying down" when they scored a fluke goal... then you beat them in the last minute... perfect for us Rams that was! so thanks for that.

Anyway, hope the Rams (for our sake) turn up tonight, but see no reason why they shouldn't... under Steve Mac they have only lost 5 games in 32 games, and remember the leagues highest goal scorers. Derby to be honest have been playing some amazing football.. the best in years... and with the new players who have come in, Thorne (WBA), Wisdom (Liverpool), Bamford (Chelsea), have been superb... Derby also have a very strong bench - looks like Will Hughes will be on the bench, showing the strength in depth - also with hardly any injury concerns... I am off to the iPro stadium where its being shown on a big screen in the corporate suites! I know you prob don't care less, but just wanted to have a bit of friendly banter before the big game...

Enjoy the match, hope the best team wins over the two legs... R

Last edited:

Redcar

May 8, 2014
Sorry - is there an intro section on the forum before you supposed to post stuff? Oooops! :(

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Morning you guys!

(Sensible Rams fan here - hope you don't mind!)

Brighton....... lovely city, went last summer with the family, the boys loved it, spent half our time in that trendy trainer shop down a small street... the weather was amazing, had wall to wall sunshine and a great week.

Anyway, to the football... how you feeling? nervous, anxious, apprehensive, confident....? all the emotions I bet... well, you have obviously had a decent season, and I don't go with anyone saying you sneaked in... you have been there or thereabouts all season and deserved you place in the top six... so congrats. Watched you beat our rivals on the last day at the City Ground... was hilarious to hear the red dogs sing "thats why your staying down" when they scored a fluke goal... then you beat them in the last minute... perfect for us Rams that was! so thanks for that.

Anyway, hope the Rams (for our sake) turn up tonight, but see no reason why they shouldn't... under Steve Mac they have only lost 5 games in 32 games, and remember the leagues highest goal scorers. Derby to be honest have been playing some amazing football.. the best in years... and with the new players who have come in, Thorne (WBA), Wisdom (Liverpool), Bamford (Chelsea), have been superb... Derby also have a very strong bench - looks like Will Hughes will be on the bench, showing the strength in depth - also with hardly any injury concerns... I am off to the iPro stadium where its being shown on a big screen in the corporate suites! I know you prob don't care less, but just wanted to have a bit of friendly banter before the big game...

Enjoy the match, hope the best team wins over the two legs... R

Excellent first post for a visiting fan.

My view is it will be tight, but you're the better team. We have zero expectations. Last year it was the opposite, we all thought we walk over Palace and go up. We didn't. I prefer the feeling of little expectation.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I am the complete opposite to last year, where I think we were similar to you this season. Finished 3rd (very close to 2nd) had a good run in, and was feeling VERY confident.

This time, I am a lot more relaxed, no expectation, and will take it as it comes.

I have a few close friends who are Derby fans, and I am quite enjoying their over-confidence at the moment, just in case, y'know!

All the best for the next 2 games.

Redcar

May 8, 2014
Thanks Giraffe... :thumbsup:

I think we are both in a nice position, as both Wigan and QPR will have expectancy on their shoulders - so they carry the pressure. Some say Derby have over achieved this season - as they have spent very little... but sometimes that the way it goes, unlike Forest who have spent a fortune and ended up 11th. Derby 'could' go into the PO's the same as your guys did then last season... so we could get caught out... both teams need to relax, play their own game, and we could be in for two belters.

Assume its sold out for tonight? whats the capacity at the Amex? Got my tickets yesterday for the game on Sunday... will be sold out with 33,000+ there... will be amazing!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Assume its sold out for tonight? whats the capacity at the Amex? Got my tickets yesterday for the game on Sunday... will be sold out with 33,000+ there... will be amazing!

Capacity is 30,250. But with segregation will be a bit less. Very close to selling out when I looked last night.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Sorry - is there an intro section on the forum before you supposed to post stuff? Oooops! :(

Dont apologise. [MENTION=21409]Big_Unit[/MENTION] was merely trying to say that we're used to slightly less eloquent first posts from visiting fans. Welcome!

Id say we're going into the play-offs feeling quite relaxed at the moment. Not because we're feeling over confident, but because we snuck in on the last day we will be seen as the underdogs and have nothing to lose. It will be a tough 2 games, but a lot easier on the nerves than last year.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I am the complete opposite to last year, where I think we were similar to you this season. Finished 3rd (very close to 2nd) had a good run in, and was feeling VERY confident.

This time, I am a lot more relaxed, no expectation, and will take it as it comes.

I have a few close friends who are Derby fans, and I am quite enjoying their over-confidence at the moment, just in case, y'know!

All the best for the next 2 games.

This. I'm just pleased to be here.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
You cant blame the Derby fans for shouting about their strengths but it almost sounds to good to be true. They are certainly not unbeatable and being the underdog our players know they have to play 100% to get something. Do yours ?

As with alot of play off games luck will play its part. All could hinge on a sending off or a penalty etc. Literally anything could happen.

I'm not expecting much but I know we are capable of producing .

Can't see anything but our players being bang up for this . . . something which couldnt be said for a few games near the end of the season. Then if it clicks then Derby have a game on

Crowd have a big part to play tonight. We saw the Scum the other night. We need to re-create the QPR 2nd half . We got one shot at these play offs , as fans lets leave nothing in the locker

Seagulls

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
I couldn't care if the lads turned up tonight in Ronald McDonald costumes -
I'm just going to enjoy it.

Hold on though - that's a stupid thing to say.

northernseagull

Mar 12, 2013
Thanks Giraffe... :thumbsup:

I think we are both in a nice position, as both Wigan and QPR will have expectancy on their shoulders - so they carry the pressure. Some say Derby have over achieved this season - as they have spent very little... but sometimes that the way it goes, unlike Forest who have spent a fortune and ended up 11th. Derby 'could' go into the PO's the same as your guys did then last season... so we could get caught out... both teams need to relax, play their own game, and we could be in for two belters.

Last I checked Pride Park hasn't sold out and its no where near sold out - nearly 4,500 tickets available (I know this because we've sold out our allocation and would like to take quite a few thousand more :albion2: ) Given you've averaged around 24000 bums on seats this season I can't see you selling an extra 10,000 seats...

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I'm relaxed. No expectations on us. Let's go in, play out game and let the result take care of itself.

Much happier not having the weight of expectation on our shoulders.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I think it's all about whether our best defence in the league can keep your attacking threat quiet. If we keep it tight, I fancy us to nick a couple of goals over the 180 minutes but I also fear if you get on top you could blow us away.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I concur with the others who have commented on the reasonableness of your first post; it's taken us all aback. I think it'll be pretty tight over the two legs. Hopefully Bamford will score an OG on 92 mins at PP (can't be doing with the new name), putting us through. Karma. :thumbsup:

Edit: taken us all aback other than Unrest, of course!

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
To be fair EVERY Derby fan who's posted on here has been sound.

I wonder if our lot have been the same on their boards. I know there one saddo who trolls the other teams' messageboard before every game :facepalm:

I wouldn't worry, that's the first I've heard of it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here