Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It is officially "Motorhead Day" today, the 8th of May and I give you..............

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
It's interesting to note that most people associate Motorhead with that song, but there has been 17 albums since that, albeit iconic, masterpiece, including a number that, IMO, are better.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I went to see Motörhead - bizarrely - at the assembly rooms in Worthing some years back...top top band.

What they were doing there is a mystery considering they could sell out Hammersmith or the Brighton centre...any road, brilliant.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I went to see Motörhead - bizarrely - at the assembly rooms in Worthing some years back...top top band.

What they were doing there is a mystery considering they could sell out Hammersmith or the Brighton centre...any road, brilliant.

Saw them a couple of times there, sadly those were the dark days for Motorhead, I think the gloss had gone off them, they definately weren't as good live as they had been, the line up changed every few months, and I don't think they had the cash to fund major tours. Thankfully the music they recorded around that time was pretty good, it must have helped them to recapture some of their previous popularity. When they released 1916 in '91 I think it signalled that they were once again a top draw touring band and then the likes of the Worthing Assembly Halls were able to go back to tea dances, folk music and The Hamsters.

Mr Icicle Boots

Apr 12, 2013
North East Aegean.
I saw them on the Ace Up Your Sleeve Tour in Nov 1980 at Blackburn King Georges Hall. Brilliant gig that i remember for two reasons; first i managed to snaffle Fast Eddie's plectrum when he lobbed it into the crowd and secondly; the band was due to appear on Tiswas the following morning and Lemmy advised us all to watch as he was going to ' Grab Sally James' t*ts!' I did but unfortunately he didn't! Still, happy days!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here