Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Park and Ride help please!

albionsarah

Feb 2, 2009
oxfordshire
Only my second visit to the Amex tomorrow, just after some advice re. park and ride.

We will be coming from Shoreham, which P+R site would be our best bet?
And what time do they get filled up by?

Oh and I'm picking my tickets up from the club shop at lunchtime, so do I just show them to the bus driver?And when I go to the club shop at lunchtime, I can park there, yes?

Any help on any of those matters will be most appreciated :)
Thank you!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Mill Road by far the closest for you if you're coming along the A27, but it does fill up first. If that doesn't work, you have Mithras House (Lewes Road) or the racecourse, assuming that one is open tomorrow. Someone better than me should be able to advise you on what time it's full by, but either way, bank on leaving home early.

Re lunchtime, yes, you'll be able to park at the Amex. And yes, just show the driver your ticket (you might not even have to do that, as I can't think of any other reason why someone would go and park in Mill Road to get on a bus to the Amex tomorrow night).

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Mill Road is the easiest for you but it fills up the quickest. I'd aim to be there no later than 6.

I doubt the bus driver will want to see your tickets.

You should be able to park in Bennett's Field without problem, yes. The guard in the security hut will tell you where to go.

albionsarah

Feb 2, 2009
oxfordshire
Mill Road by far the closest for you if you're coming along the A27, but it does fill up first. If that doesn't work, you have Mithras House (Lewes Road) or the racecourse, assuming that one is open tomorrow. Someone better than me should be able to advise you on what time it's full by, but either way, bank on leaving home early.

Re lunchtime, yes, you'll be able to park at the Amex. And yes, just show the driver your ticket (you might not even have to do that, as I can't think of any other reason why someone would go and park in Mill Road to get on a bus to the Amex tomorrow night).

Cool, thank you!

albionsarah

Feb 2, 2009
oxfordshire
Mill Road is the easiest for you but it fills up the quickest. I'd aim to be there no later than 6.

I doubt the bus driver will want to see your tickets.

You should be able to park in Bennett's Field without problem, yes. The guard in the security hut will tell you where to go.

And thank you too :)

What is Bennett's Field?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The big car park at the Amex.

If you go there during the day they usually direct you to the north car park anyway (the little one that runs parallel to the A27). But Bennett's Field is still open. It just means a walk around the ground...admiring the glory of the Amex :thumbsup:

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
one of the few times i've taken the bus home after the game because of not needing to drive there, or crying at the mere sight of the train queue...there was once a driver on the 28x or whatever it is, who insisted on seeing everyone's ticket. Boarding took forever.

albionsarah

Feb 2, 2009
oxfordshire
Excellent, thank you everyone. So parking at the ground in the day will be fine, keep my ticket afterwards just incase the driver wants to see it and get to the park and ride as early as possible.

Got it!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I'd go by train. Free and easier.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here