Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Play off time? Its crass tacky tat time.....

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Roll up roll up - Its that time of year folks. Get your tat here to "show your support." No clackers this year (I hope?). Just foam fingers and silly wigs. How original? :sick:

Sometimes I despair :nono:

ImageProxy.jpg

Are you ready for Albion’s Play-Off Semi-Final first leg against Derby County tomorrow night?

The Seagulls Superstore has a variety of matchday items for you to show your support.

Matchday items range from Albion flags, novelty hats, foam fingers and much more.

We also have a new range of men’s and kids’ graphic t-shirts available in-store and online at www.seagullsdirect.co.uk!

The men’s range is available at £16 each – or two for £25. Kids’ t-shirts are £12 each – or two for £18!

The Seagulls Superstore has also taken stock of a small batch of unused training kit from the first team in a variety of sizes, visit the Seagulls Superstore when you arrive at the Amex Stadium tomorrow to grab a bargain!

And… if you are making the trip to Derby on Sunday evening for the second leg, the team will be wearing the yellow away kit.

If you don’t have your away shirt yet, there are still a few available in-store and online www.seagullsdirect.co.uk for just £14.99. They are available in S/L/XL/XXL.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Terrifyingly they stock this stuff all year round, they're just trying to shift it now. I can't work out whether that is more tinpot than having it made for the occasion.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
At least the money from that crap goes to the club.

I guarantee there will be a collection of parasites outside Falmer Station tomorrow evening, selling blue & white jester hats, generic checkered flags, and scarves that say "Brighton FC" on them, which have been hastily knocked up for a quid each in some sweatshop and which the parasites will sell for a tenner pre-match, and three quid after.

Pinkie Brown

Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR

I guarantee there will be a collection of parasites outside Falmer Station tomorrow evening, selling blue & white jester hats, generic checkered flags, and scarves that say "Brighton FC" on them, which have been hastily knocked up for a quid each in some sweatshop and which the parasites will sell for a tenner pre-match, and three quid after.

Indeed. Plus the chances of these parasites having a bona fide pedlars licence are probably something slightly above zero I would suspect? As I remember, pedlars licences are actually issued by the police whereas Hawkers licences are issued by the council. Therefore, would the Police be responsible for nicking them should they be trading illegally without a pedlars licence? ??? Or maybe its complicated by the fact they are probably on railway land?

One of the worst....no THE worst example of knock off tat I saw was last year on a market stall in London - A red football shirt that looked shoddy beyond belief with a badge bearing the legend: "Liverpool Soccer Club" on the front. No doubt a way of bypassing copyright infringement?

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
If the club makes money from this, and it helps fans get in the spirit of the occasion, why not? each to their own.
Not everyone wants to watch a the game dressed in a ben sherman shirt and a barbour jacket, for fear of getting outed as a fan on the way home.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now

Yes, but will we have half and half scarves?

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Indeed. Plus the chances of these parasites having a bona fide pedlars licence are probably something slightly above zero I would suspect? As I remember, pedlars licences are actually issued by the police whereas Hawkers licences are issued by the council. Therefore, would the Police be responsible for nicking them should they be trading illegally without a pedlars licence? ??? Or maybe its complicated by the fact they are probably on railway land?

One of the worst....no THE worst example of knock off tat I saw was last year on a market stall in London - A red football shirt that looked shoddy beyond belief with a badge bearing the legend: "Liverpool Soccer Club" on the front. No doubt a way of bypassing copyright infringement?

I hate all that crap. Every important game, every play off, every cup final, they crawl out of their hidey holes. They're the sort of people who emerge at Pride, at the Notting Hill Carnival, at Lewes Bonfire, shouting "ten paaaaands, getcher scarves an' 'ats for only ten paaaaaaaaaaaaaaands" (they're always Cockneys), making children squeal to their parents to be allowed to buy one of those furry worm things, clackers (shudder), thundersticks or a glowing necklace that will break within ten seconds of purchase.

Their scarves will always have a nasty generic, non official club image on them and won't ever use the proper club name for fear of being sued, thus you get scarves reading "Tigers v Gunners Wembley 2014".

If I'm going to spend my money on total shit, then I'll spend it on the Albion's total shit, not some failed Cockney wide boy who gives Del Boy a bad name.

Pinkie Brown

Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
If the club makes money from this, and it helps fans get in the spirit of the occasion, why not? each to their own.
Not everyone wants to watch a the game dressed in a ben sherman shirt and a barbour jacket, for fear of getting outed as a fan on the way home.

Yes of course, each to their own. However, I think back and how the 'clackers' were no doubt intended to get us into the spirit of the occasion and I cringe a bit. After last year, I just feel the build up and "occasion" should try to be as near a normal game as is reasonably possible rather than a load of razzamataz.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

Barbour jacket, soooo last year Miss Gull. :)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
All of which reminds me - there were traders knocking out 'Brighton - Pride of England' flags outside the City Ground after the game.

What was worse, is that some Albion fans seemed to be buying them.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
It feels quite American and I do get what you mean. The club are just cashing in really, and who can blame them. Last occasion this season to get something extra in the coiffeurs, last home game - bonus game.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Yes of course, each to their own. However, I think back and how the 'clackers' were no doubt intended to get us into the spirit of the occasion and I cringe a bit. After last year, I just feel the build up and "occasion" should try to be as near a normal game as is reasonably possible rather than a load of razzamataz.

Is that image even from this year though? Seems strange that the club would use someone wearing last year's shirt....

Quick edit: ah, I see from the text below the photo that it is. Well, I guess it's all about money to them, which is fair enough. Kids like foam hands too....

And as for the parasites, well I don't suppose the Albion have any control on that, so long as they're not on the ground owned by the club.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Nope - it's from last year's play-off extravaganza/disaster.

I realise that now. They've used the same image but updated the copy.

Jimmy Grimble

All of which reminds me - there were traders knocking out 'Brighton - Pride of England' flags outside the City Ground after the game.

What was worse, is that some Albion fans seemed to be buying them.

Was just about to post the same. I was utterly amazed to see someone selling tat there, proper clutching at straws.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
It feels quite American and I do get what you mean. The club are just cashing in really, and who can blame them. Last occasion this season to get something extra in the coiffeurs, last home game - bonus game.

What the hell have hairdressers got to do with it?

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now

Are they raising extra cash by doing haircuts as well?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here