Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The man from Patagonia

brixtonA23

Aug 5, 2011
Some lines in sports commentary live forever. 'They think it's all over', Cliff Morgan's entire narrative on the Barbarians versus the All Blacks in 1973, Peter O'Sullivan as Red Rum won his third Grand National and Desert Orchid began to come again in the Gold Cup. I have no idea who the commentator was for the BBC on Saturday, and yes I really shouldn't watch the game over and over again.

But pretty sure that his phrase about the man from Patagonia and a good day to be a Seagull will live with me for a very long time.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Dan O'Hagan, wasn't it?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Patagonia.jpg

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
Is he Welsh ?

I'm not sure whether that means you have so little interest in trivia that you don't know about the Patagonian Welsh, or you're so into trivia that you recognised that as the flag specifically of the Welsh colony in Patagonia, not the whole region, and that it's use here is incorrect. The second one, right? ;-)

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
I'm not sure whether that means you have so little interest in trivia that you don't know about the Patagonian Welsh, or you're so into trivia that you recognised that as the flag specifically of the Welsh colony in Patagonia, not the whole region, and that it's use here is incorrect. The second one, right? ;-)

I spotted that straightaway

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

Some of my best friends are Welsh. I would never dream of saying they were trivial. When in Argentina 10 years back I wasn't surprised by the Welsh but the Crystal Palace fan who ran a cafe in the pampas somewhere between Bariloche and Buenos Aires. Most surprising was his civility!

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Some of my best friends are Welsh. I would never dream of saying they were trivial. When in Argentina 10 years back I wasn't surprised by the Welsh but the Crystal Palace fan who ran a cafe in the pampas somewhere between Bariloche and Buenos Aires. Most surprising was his civility!

Typical palace fan in a nappy

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

Come on let's do it boyos.......

sy'n bod dyn o Ariannin,
sydd yn y dyn yr ydym i gyd addoli.
Leonardo yw ei enw ac mae'n sgorio gôl gêm ac nid ydym yn sôn am murray unrhyw mwy.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Yes or 450 miles from the Welsh speaking communities of Patagonia. He may have escaped and be in denial about his roots.

Maybe the flag should have a picture of a monsanto, roundup ready, gm soya bean. This is a main environmental concern for Ulloa's Patagonia.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here