Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Away coach etiquette

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Going solo to Derby away so booked a coach for the first time. What is the etiquette? Take your own sandwiches, crisps & drinks (soft I know), buy on board or do we stop? Headphones and ipod or radio 5 live on the coach system (PL last day games)? Are we allowed to even to admit the PL exists? Flags and scarfs or shirt and tie?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Going solo to Derby away so booked a coach for the first time. What is the etiquette? Take your own sandwiches, crisps & drinks (soft I know), buy on board or do we stop? Headphones and ipod or radio 5 live on the coach system (PL last day games)? Are we allowed to even to admit the PL exists? Flags and scarfs or shirt and tie?

Depends very much upon which coach...

Presume you mean one of the Seagulls Travel coaches rather than the Love Bus?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008

Yes, it really does depend on who you're going with, I hear the Costa Express now demands formal dress for the trip up, although they're less strict about the return trip.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I'm doing this as well for first time. Sunday Times and worrying about my iPhone battery

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Brush your teeth (from experience) :nono:

Last edited:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Is a cheeky hip flask of Whiskey frowned upon?

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Go out the night before, drink loads of beer and have a curry. Have your morning shit while the coach is still parked. You will find that you get an empty seat next to you every time!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I imagine several bottles of coke with half of the coke replaced with rum would be standard? Not that I've ever gone by coach to a game, sounds like a horrendous idea.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Seagulls Travel coaches are pretty quiet. Take your own food, drink, entertainment etc. I think for derby there will be just the one stop. It's a civilised service, but a very good and valuable one, I think Seagulls Travel do a very good job.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
NO jumping up and down on the seats, NO pulling faces/hand gestures at adjacent motorists and NO egg sandwiches. Covers it I reckon.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
NO jumping up and down on the seats, NO pulling faces/hand gestures at adjacent motorists and NO egg sandwiches. Covers it I reckon.

Or mooning other traffic. That's frowned upon (killjoys).

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Does that include mooning out the back window ?

Only Sarah Watts is allowed to do that. And no photos. What goes on the Love Bus, stays on the Love Bus.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Liz is verging on Albion royalty.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here