Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you take 0-0 now??

Seagulls1984

Aug 8, 2011
Steyning
I think this would be a great result for us and playing away second is a big advantage to us. Because if derby need to score it will mean the game is more open and play in to our hands to counter attack. All the semis in Europe this year were won by the team playing away second.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
It would definitely suit us going away from with the other team needing a goal. Not sure if I'd take 0-0 but even 1-0 would be huge for us.

Blue and White Tiger

Exiled to Exeter
Jul 6, 2010
I think this would be a great result for us and playing away second is a big advantage to us. Because if derby need to score it will mean the game is more open and play in to our hands to counter attack. All the semis in Europe this year were won by the team playing away second.

The difference being, in Europe, the away goals rule. meaning that if an away team scores after drawing 0-0 at home, they effectively have a 1.5 goal lead.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I would. Especially if the away goals rule applies in the playoffs. Actually, does the away goals rule apply in the playoffs?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I would. Especially if the away goals rule applies in the playoffs. Actually, does the away goals rule apply in the playoffs?

I don't think so, no.

I would take it but would ideally like a goal or so lead, not asking much :thumbsup:

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
No, we are good on our day and with the best defence in the league and a full house, we're more than capable of beating them. I'd take our chances and back us to do it.

Believe we can get to derby on sunday with a 1 goal advantage.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

No they don't.

if aggregate scores are level after 180 mins, game will go to extra time and then pennos

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Accept 0-0 no chance, I want GOAAAAALLLLLSSSSS. I'll settle for 3-3 after being 0-3 down with our three goals in the last 15 though, in a 1/4 full Amex. That'll learn the early leavers. :lolol:

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
It would definitely suit us going away from with the other team needing a goal. Not sure if I'd take 0-0 but even 1-0 would be huge for us.

100% agree, a lead (even by a single goal) would put pressure on them and their crowd might start to get edgy, plus it would leave space for us to hit them on the counter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here