Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Better team than Play - Offs 2013 ?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Stronger or weaker team this year ?. Here's how the likely 18 for Derby compares with Palace in the first Play Off Match last May. With assumption that if Bruno / Stephens are fit they will play on Thurs. Bruno of course was injured for last year. We could line up on Thurs with a starting 11 of 7 of the same players as at Selhurst in 2013.

Likely Derby Line Up 2014 (Palace 2013)
Kuszczak (Kuszczak)

Greer (Greer)
Calderon/Bruno (Calderon)
Upson (Upson)
Ward (Bridge)

Andrews (Hammond)
Stephens/JFC (Bridcutt)

Orlandi (Orlandi)
Lingard (David Lopez)

Buckley (Buckley)
Ulloa (Ulloa)

Subs:
Ankergren (Ankergren)
Dunk (El-Abd)
Chicksen/Calde (Painter)
Ince/JFC (Crofts)
March (Vicente)
Lua Lua (Lua Lua)
CMS (Barnes)

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
I don't think there are enough differences to say really. On that basis - same
chances/strengths.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Well, the bench is certainly stronger! Not sure JFC or Andrews are an improvement on what we had. Ince and Stephens though, would be.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Weaker for me, but I still can't understand why we didn't play the same team in the 2nd leg vs Palace as we did a couple of months previous when we cruised past them 3-0 :nono:

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
The team is weaker, but mentally we are in a much better place.

I think that what was going on behind the scenes really unsettled us last season. This time around the expectations are lower, the pressure has dropped and we are a much more stable unit (IMO - I don't sit in the dressing room).

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Stronger or weaker team this year ?. Here's how the likely 18 for Derby compares with Palace in the first Play Off Match last May. With assumption that if Bruno / Stephens are fit they will play on Thurs. Bruno of course was injured for last year. We could line up on Thurs with a starting 11 of 7 of the same players as at Selhurst in 2013.

Likely Derby Line Up 2014 (Palace 2013)
Kuszczak (Kuszczak)

Greer (Greer)
Calderon/Bruno (Calderon)
Upson (Upson)
Ward (Bridge)

Andrews (Hammond)
Stephens/JFC (Bridcutt)

Orlandi (Orlandi)
Lingard (David Lopez)

Buckley (Buckley)
Ulloa (Ulloa)

Subs:
Ankergren (Ankergren)
Dunk (El-Abd)
Chicksen/Calde (Painter)
Ince/JFC (Crofts)
March (Vicente)
Lua Lua (Lua Lua)
CMS (Barnes)

Although that was the team for the 1st leg, this time round we are at home first, so the team would be slightly different as we set out for a draw in the first leg last time. What was the team for the home leg last year?

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham

I think that what was going on behind the scenes really unsettled us last season. This time around the expectations are lower, the pressure has dropped and we are a much more stable unit (IMO - I don't sit in the dressing room).

It certainly seems that way. Plus we have a Coach who has not already asked to leave the club.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004

I think i'd much rather we were mentally much worse place if it mean we played well as we did at the end of last season, and have only done twice in the last month or so

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
Weaker. And we are also playing stronger opponents with one of the best managers in the division. So we'll probably go and win

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
I expect we'll win at home, but lose by more at Derby

...but I know we'll be promoted after a stunning Wembley display

...but I want us to stay in the Championship, I love this ups and downs of this league

...but I hope we get promoted and get to show off this wonderful club to a worldwide audience

...and I wish this wasn't so stressful!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Although that was the team for the 1st leg, this time round we are at home first, so the team would be slightly different as we set out for a draw in the first leg last time. What was the team for the home leg last year?

Albion were unchanged apart from Dicker came in for Vicente on the bench.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Out of form buckley, Orlandi and Lopez compared to them being in form last year, although they did **** all in the two legs.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

About right.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here