Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Home end at Derby

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Anyone else purchasing tickets in the home end at Derby? Any tips on which areas to go for / avoid?
I was 16 points short of being able to buy a ticket, but am up in the Midlands anyway still and don't want to miss it!
I'm sure I set up a profile on their ticket site a few years ago when we bought a house in Derby, but have no purchase history. I'm hoping I don't need any.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Anyone else purchasing tickets in the home end at Derby? Any tips on which areas to go for / avoid?
I was 16 points short of being able to buy a ticket, but am up in the Midlands anyway still and don't want to miss it!
I'm sure I set up a profile on their ticket site a few years ago when we bought a house in Derby, but have no purchase history. I'm hoping I don't need any.

West or North (family) stand probably best, but not sure there are any particular problems anywhere. I would avoid the East stand and either corner linked to it was the advice I got. Have decided against going though, last year at palace was torture.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
My derby pal reckons the West Stand or North stand. So what Horses Arse said ;)

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013

Will you be able to contain yourself if we were to win?

Crewton Ram

Jan 10, 2013

The West (not South-West) stand and to a lesser degree the North stand would normally be OK provided you don't celebrate wildly, but for this game, unless you can be completely incognito, I really wouldn't advise it. The problem is not likely to be the regular fans who go every week but those who turn up only for the 'big' games and therefore don't have as much to lose if they get into an altercation with a visiting fan. I'm sure the same would apply at the Amex. Also, if you're sussed, the stewards will hoik you out. I'm not suggesting that trouble is guaranteed, but PO games get a bit emotional and I'm not sure it's worth the risk. I wouldn't do it because I couldn't guarantee my own silence, but you may have more self-discipline.

If you're determined, I'd suggest the more expensive seats in the West stand because the regular customers there are usually asleep :)

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Thanks for the comments.

In hindsight, I'm thinking that there will be too much on this game to endure it in the wrong end, so have decided to find a pub to watch it.

The thought of either being distraught amongst a load of celebrating fans or wanting to burst with excitement amongst a load of depressed fans is not something I could deal with.

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
I had to expierence standing in the terrace along the pitch at Milwall in the 90's playoff semi. Tough to celebrate their goal, even harder when we scored ours

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here