Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Berlin Airport - Massive Overspend, Inefficiency and a Severe Delay in Opening

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
This sort of thing never happened when Adolph was running things.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Nothing mate. I've been working with Hamad International Airport in Qatar recently. They finally opened last week, after cancelling at least three previous openings over the past four years. They were so ashamed they barely even announced it, when originally the ultimate global mega-event was planned. And even now, none of the lounges are done, and the F&B amounts to one coffee shop. The thing does look ****ing awesome though, if they *ever* get it bloody finished. Probably need to write off a few more Nepalese construction slaves first.

Best stop now, before I lose my job.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Nothing mate. I've been working with Hamad International Airport in Qatar recently. They finally opened last week, after cancelling at least three previous openings over the past four years. They were so ashamed they barely even announced it, when originally the ultimate global mega-event was planned. And even now, none of the lounges are done, and the F&B amounts to one coffee shop. The thing does look ****ing awesome though, if they *ever* get it bloody finished. Probably need to write off a few more Nepalese construction slaves first.

Best stop now, before I lose my job

Say nothing and keep trousering the money.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Strange thread. "Lazy stereotype held by slightly ignorant people doesn't even turn out to be true" shock. NSC Gold all the way.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

Best stop now, before I lose my job.

How many slaves died in the process?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
This would never have happened had Southern Rail been in charge!

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
As with most major building projects. "Teething problems" I believe they're called.

Having to use FedEx and DHL to deliver passengers luggage is a bit more than 'teething problems'

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
How many slaves died in the process?

Apparently the Nepalese are renowned for enjoying working outside in this part of the world during the hottest part of the day. No mention of sunstroke or dehydration on the death certificates though as coroners like to report COD as a heart attack even though most of the migrant workers are in their twenties.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
This would never have happened had Southern Rail been in charge!

Indeed, disappointed with no response so far from our Germanic friend.......

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
This sort of thing never happened when Adolph was running things.

Wasn't Albert Speer in charge of that sort of thing.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
This is seen as a major source of embarrassment for Berliners as well as Germans as a whole. There has been a catalogue of errors such as them not knowing how to turn the lights of, they akso have to run an empty s bahn train every day so the tracks don't degrade. It was all planned to open a couple if years back and I think people who were due to open shops on the site are seeking compensation.
Pretty laughable really, I think the guy in charge got sacked and was then employed to oversee Hamad in Qatar who then also suffered significant delays!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Probably quaffing a overpriced, overhyped ,overhopped beer that no one has ever heard of other than the brewer.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Can you remind me which decade the Heathrow third runway talks started and when the runway is due for completion please? Can you also do the same for CrossRail? Can you remind me of the delays and overspend for Wembley? Channel Tunnel? QE 2 Bridge? And how long between first T5 talks and the disastrous opening? the enquiry took 4 bloody years alone. I think you can see where I'm coming from and these are just from memory.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Can you remind me which decade the Heathrow third runway talks started and when the runway is due for completion please? Can you also do the same for CrossRail? Can you remind me of the delays and overspend for Wembley? Channel Tunnel? QE 2 Bridge? And how long between first T5 talks and the disastrous opening? the enquiry took 4 bloody years alone. I think you can see where I'm coming from and these are just from memory.

Wahay, we got there in the end but you always state nothing goes wrong in Germany..........

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Was very disappointed in the public transport when in Germany twice recently.

And don't get me started on the amount of dog shit on the pavements.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
All things considered, T5 was a triumph like most British engineering and building. Things rarely go wrong in this realm in either country. What a stupid thread.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here