Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trains For Thursday - updated - normal match day service

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Just been having a look at the trains back into town on Thursday after the game. Currently showing as 21:36 (aka the Early Leaver Express) then 22:00 then 22:21. Doubtless all crummy 3 coaches. A whole load of randomly scattered trains between half ten and half eleven but nothing like yer actual midweek match train schedule. Anybody know if this is the end product or are plans in place to upgrade the frequency/length of trains? Or will they shut the station 'for safety reasons' and we're all walking back into town?
Not that it matters overly, cos we'll be walking on AIR! :flounce: :albion:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
A company that can't even run a four car put-put between Southampton and Brighton due to it's own rolling stock breaking down is hardly likely to have finished planning this yet.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Well, let's be fair - this is a bit short notice for them.

The wheels in the railway industry turn slow.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Well considering it was only really finalised Saturday afternoon.....

Personally, Id avoid the trains on Thursday as Im unsure if Southern are able to run a normal matchday service - would probably expect a normal timetable + a few extras as they probably havent got the staff at short notice, something like that. Also expect short train lengths too, as per normal midweek games as coaches are being used on commuter trains with none extra available.

Trains showing at present are what run everyday, no extras in place at present.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Well considering it was only really finalised Saturday afternoon.....

:facepalm:

It's been on the cards all season and it was going to be 6th place (and therefore Thursday) or nothing for a week. Surely you'd have a contingency plan in place. Two rotas depending on the outcome? Overtime? No of course not. This is a money grabbing franchise staffed by ex BR workers.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
:facepalm:

It's been on the cards all season and it was going to be 6th place (and therefore Thursday) or nothing for a week. Surely you'd have a contingency plan in place. Two rotas depending on the outcome? Overtime? No of course not. This is a money grabbing franchise staffed by ex BR workers.

Its been potential all season, yes - but it certainly hasnt been on the cards for us to make the play-offs, we were out of the race not long ago !!

Something should be sorted, but dont hold your breath for a full service - unless they decide to spring a surprise on us. Luckily there is always spare train crew booked so I expect these to be used, but its down to how many there is, can they get extra train crew in place and importantly, do the train crew follow legal procedure RE working hours and rest periods (12 hours between shifts etc). Something should have been prepared the week before the Forest game, if not - well, its an almighty balls up.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Were they ??? I stayed behind to see the lap of honour and got home about 10 to15 minutes later than usual

Me too. Watched the lap of honour, one very quick beer and onto the train in no time.

To be honest, I expect they will sort this out for tomorrow, but I also suspect kick off will be delayed by the usual 15 mins due to the large crowd ( and the handy excuse to sell more beer :lolol: ).

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I obviously stayed too long. Had two beers and there was a massive queue at about 10:30.

I got there about 10.20 and there was a massive eastbound queue that didn't move at all till two trains went past

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I got there about 10.20 and there was a massive eastbound queue that didn't move at all till two trains went past

Watched the 'lap of appreciation', wandered out and pretty much straight on to a Lewes-bound train. Didn't even stop on the ramp, and waited about 3 mins on the platform. Not expecting Thursday to be quite so smooth, but if I end up being 30 mins later then hey it won't change my life much. Worst home match this season saw me get home about an hour after the final whistle (Hull), which is OK in my book.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here