Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Ince Thanks Oscar for Award

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Rohan Ince thanked Oscar Garcia for nominating him for the Young Player of the Season and admitted his achievements this season have surpassed his own ambitions.*
The former Chelsea trainee won the 2013/14 award and spoke of his pride in collecting his first accolade as a professional - which was selected by Oscar and his staff.*
He told seagulls.co.uk, “I’ve picked up a few awards as a junior, playing with the reserves and academy level, but to pick up an award at senior level is a massive achievement and I’m really proud and thankful for Oscar and his staff for nominating me for the award.
“If you had told me this time last season that I’d be playing in the first-team and getting Young Player of the Season, playing 30 first-team games for Brighton, I would have said you were lying to me. I’ve come a long way and couldn’t ask for more.
“We’ve had quite a young squad this season, we had injuries, lost players through transfers and I’m proud for myself and the whole squad.”

Ince is now targeting becoming more of a force on the front foot and is looking to add goals to his game as he searches to achieve more in his second full season with the club.
“I hope I can bring a lot of power to the midfield and win a lot of aerial battles and try and dominate in the midfield, but next season I want to try provide more from an attacking perspective and get more shots off and score more goals.
“I wouldn’t say the award takes the pressure off me but it gives me more confidence. There’s always pressure as you’re fighting for your position as a first-team player.*
“I’ve learned that this season, I’ve been in and out of the team on various occasions but I’m hoping to kick on and try and achieve more next season.”
Watch Rohan collecting his award on Seagulls Player.*

2014/15 season tickets are now on general sale. Call 0844 327 1901 or buy online

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here