Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much would it take for you to cheer against Albion in the playoffs?

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
I'm a QPR supporter, but I've got a pretty big bet on Brighton to be promoted.

If we face you at Wembley I will certainly have divided loyalties.

I'll probably be unhappy whatever the result is!

So, how much would you have to stand to win (if there's a figure at all!) to hope Brighton lose in the playoffs?

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
I would never bet against us (would simply not place a bet at all), but there is no amount of money that could make me want to lose in the play-offs.

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
I would never bet against us (would simply not place a bet at all), but there is no amount of money that could make me want to lose in the play-offs.

The bet was placed early in the season, when it looked a foregone conclusion we would get automatic promotion (think we were at 1/5 with the bookies at the time)/

So it wasn't really a bet against my team.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
£10.48 and / or a had shandy off white Dee.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
absolutely nothing would stop me shouting my head off
what is the matter with you lot?:albion2:

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I'm a QPR supporter, but I've got a pretty big bet on Brighton to be promoted.

If we face you at Wembley I will certainly have divided loyalties.

I'll probably be unhappy whatever the result is!

So, how much would you have to stand to win (if there's a figure at all!) to hope Brighton lose in the playoffs?
Can you not just lay the bet and guarantee profit? That's what I'd do.

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
Can you not just lay the bet and guarantee profit? That's what I'd do.

That is a possibility.

Going to stick with it for the semi finals, and reconsider if you make the final.

Definitely not doing it yet, been a season long sweat to get here and the profit won't be very big if I lay off now.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
That is a possibility.

Going to stick with it for the semi finals, and reconsider if you make the final.

Definitely not doing it yet, been a season long sweat to get here and the profit won't be very big if I lay off now.

What odds did you get? Surely there must be a decent margin of profit now?

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
I stood to win a little over £100 had Ulloa not scored on sat, but still stood and cheered it in. Therefore, I know it would have to be more than this. For £1million, I'd sell my grandmother, so probably somewhere between the two, maybe something ending with 4 or 5 0's would be enough.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Would be a first in 60 years............so never going to happen. (You can't take it with you.)

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Seeing Brighton in the Premier League could be a once in a lifetime opportunity so it would have to be a life changing amount of money to consider it.

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
Seeing Brighton in the Premier League could be a once in a lifetime opportunity so it would have to be a life changing amount of money to consider it.

It's not a life changing amount of money, but it's more than enough to turn my head!

If we don't go up this year we'll probably go up next season, and it will mean we'll fire that twerp Redknapp.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here