Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] JFC: Young Players Sharing Success

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Jake Forster-Caskey feels Brighton & Hove Albion’s youngsters have thrived on each other's progression this season.*
The midfielder, who scooped the Goal of the Season Award for his strike away at Doncaster Rovers, told seagulls.co.uk that he was overjoyed with his own award but says all of the younger players are proud of their cumulative success.
He said, “I’m delighted to get an award in my first proper season in the first team at Brighton and to score the goal of the season makes me really proud.
“A lot has happened and I’ve come through with a lot of other youngsters this year. We’re all friends and delighted for each other. And I am delighted for Rohan Ince winning Young Player of the Season.
“We’re delighted for each other; we’re always with each other and we’re all similar ages so we all get on really well away from the pitch too.”

Meanwhile Forster-Caskey paid tribute to the Albion fans for their backing and says that the lap of honour after the Yeovil Town game will live long with him.
He added, “Ever since day one the fans have been unbelievable to me and really followed my progress for the last few years. I’m very thankful for that and very thankful for the award.
“The other day Nicky [Forster] and my little brother came out on the pitch with me and it was very special as it was my birthday as well so that will be a memory that I’ll take forever.”
Watch the Goal of the Season video including Jake's winner and all the other nominees on Seagulls Player.
2014/15 season tickets are now on general sale. Call 0844 327 1901 or buy online

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here