Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Latest Albion news on Derby ticket sales

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The Club have released more news on ticket sales ahead of Thursday night's game. Key points below...

- Albion fans with an Amex purchase history can now purchase up to four tickets for Thursday's fixture.

- You are advised to buy online if you possibly can, and choose to PRINT AT HOME. There is the potential for very long queues at the Amex on Thursday so take this option if you possibly can.

- If you are unable to print at home, you are advised to collect from the Amex this afternoon, tomorrow or on Thursday morning, with the ticket office open from 9am until 7pm on each day. Do not leave collection until Thursday evening if you can possibly help it.

- You can also book on the phone by calling the Albion Booking Line on 0844 327 1901. Please note print-at-home option is not available for telephone bookings.

- Tickets will not be available to book in person, all bookings must be made online or by telephone

Other information.

- All prices include subsidised travel. Additional booking fees of £1.50 per ticket apply for telephone bookings and £1 per ticket for online bookings when opting to ‘collect’ tickets. Tickets purchased online and loaded to smartcard or printed at home are excluded from booking fees.

- Disabled Supporters
 - Call the Albion Booking Line on 0844 327 1901 (option 2)

- Loading Smartcards / Printing At Home / Collections: In light of the incredibly short turnaround times there will be NO postage available for the home leg

- Loading Smartcards: If you are a season-ticket holder purchasing your own seat your ticket will be loaded to your smartcard. If you opt to sit in alternative seats you will not be able to load to smartcard and will be given the option to print at home or collect.

Print At Home

Supporters who are not season-ticket holders are very strongly advised to book online and print their tickets at home. This method also means no booking fees are charged. Click here for a video guide of how to do this. Print at home tickets are delivered as a PDF document attached to the confirmation email. This PDF must be printed as it features the entry barcode.*Failure to print the ticket will mean you will need to join a queue to have your ticket(s) reprinted at a cost of £1.50 per ticket. Print at home tickets must be printed on the basis of one ticket per A4 sheet of paper and the barcode must be printed clearly (please ensure your printer is in good working order).

Collections
If you are unable to print your ticket at home you may opt to collect your ticket(s) from the Amex Stadium. Please note that extremely long queues are expected.
Supporters are encouraged to collect as early as possible and not wait for the evening of the match; supporters are however asked to leave at least three hours since the time of placing your order for it to be printed and ready.

There could be as many as 8,000 collections which will result in extensive queues ahead of the match and could mean a waiting time of up to 90 minutes. The Ticket Office will be open for collections from 9am to 7pm on Tuesday 6th May to Thursday 8th May.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The key element is if you are stuck in a queue to collect your ticket on Thursday evening when the match kicks off don't blame the club, they have given lots of warnings.

Either collect before thursday, note the ticket office is open until 7pm every evening this week as it was on Monday (I was there at 6.30pm to pick up my ticket ordered on Sunday and literally no one else was) or get there very early on Thursday.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
The key element is if you are stuck in a queue to collect your ticket on Thursday evening when the match kicks off don't blame the club, they have given lots of warnings.

It will happen and there will be 1 of 2 things -

1) The Game KOs as normal with a few thousand still waiting to collect tickets which will result in mass moaning and binfests on here.
2) The club delay yet another game on Sky, making us look yet again a bit stupid logistically in front of the country (would mean that EVERY home game on Sky this season had a delayed KO).

Either way really, people are going to moan and all the blame will be at those who couldnt organise themselves to leave early or just select the incredibly easy print at home option or visit the Amex pre-match.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Entirely this, if anyone dares to post a moan about this you will ge zero sympathy from me as the club has gone well over the top on customer service to get these tickets sorted and given loads of options to purchase.

TopCat

Jun 17, 2011
As easy as it is to print (providing you have access to a printer - I only do at
work) it did cross my mind why the club don't offer a ticket that can be scanned from a smartphone like a lot of airlines do? It is only a barcode after all. Maybe someone more technically minded than me has an explanation! Would make a virtual 'pay on the gate' system viable?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
As easy as it is to print (providing you have access to a printer - I only do at
work) it did cross my mind why the club don't offer a ticket that can be scanned from a smartphone like a lot of airlines do? It is only a barcode after all. Maybe someone more technically minded than me has an explanation! Would make a virtual 'pay on the gate' system viable?

It does scan from a phone and can be used as a last resort. I doubt it will ever be a primary method due to the amount of time taken to find the email (if you can get a signal) and then pinch and zoom to get the barcode to an acceptable size. And a person may have e-tickets for several other people which further slows down the whole entry process.

TopCat

Jun 17, 2011
Useful to know, thanks Bozza. Thought this may be the case but it always seemed a bit of a gamble trying it. Apologies to anyone stuck in the turnstyle queue behind a muppet desperately fiddling with his smartphone as a direct consequence of this information!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Useful to know, thanks Bozza. Thought this may be the case but it always seemed a bit of a gamble trying it. Apologies to anyone stuck in the turnstyle queue behind a muppet desperately fiddling with his smartphone as a direct consequence of this information!

Maybe I'm exposing myself as a techno-tool here, but, assuming you have the bar code ticket in advance, would it work if you saved a screenshot of that (on an iPhone say) increasing it to an appropriate size, and then simply open the photo file of the barcode on the gate rather rather than arsing about with emails & PDF files in an area with poor 3G/4G reception?

Or is that me being monumentally stupid? :dunce:

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
Maybe I'm exposing myself as a techno-tool here, but, assuming you have the bar code ticket in advance, would it work if you saved a screenshot of that (on an iPhone say) increasing it to an appropriate size, and then simply open the photo file of the barcode on the gate rather rather than arsing about with emails & PDF files in an area with poor 3G/4G reception?

Makes perfect sense but does it work? not sure

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Very frustratingly when I bought tickets online yesterday for the west shelf there was no print at home option!!! looking forward to a nice queue then!!

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Very frustratingly when I bought tickets online yesterday for the west shelf there was no print at home option!!! looking forward to a nice queue then!!

The same happened to my friend yesterday. It's a shame there is no way of changing the order to print at home after the ticket is purchased.

Which of the following e-mails sent by the Club should I believe?

The one sent on Sunday at 10.59am:-

Albion v Derby County

Stand:N
Area:N1F
Row:J
Seat:0386
Print At Home 08/05/14 19:45. £30.00 Play Off Semi Final 13/14 Adult

Or the one sent today at 12.53pm:-

Dear Supporter
Our records show that you have not yet booked your play-off ticket(s) for the first leg game against Derby County, at the Amex on Thursday night – kick-off 7.45pm.
The season-ticket priority period has now passed, so your regular seat has been released for sale, however, you can still book a ticket today.
To avoid missing out on our biggest game of the season so far, click here to visit the online ticketing system now.
Alternatively, you can book your ticket by calling the Albion Booking Line on 0844 327 1901 during office hours. We strongly advise that you book online where possible.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton

Makes perfect sense but does it work? not sure

Does work. Have done it.
If the club sent out a jpeg of just the barcode with the confirmation email it would be almost idiotproof. Not mum proof though. My mum would still get in a right flap trying that,

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Annoyed as could have moved and got tickets at the back of north with all the no shows not turning up!

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
If they want supporters to pick up their tickets before Thursday night, they should keep the ticket office open until the advertised closing time, I got their at 6.53 tonight, and the staff had all locked up and buggered off home. I'm not happy, I will now have to see if I can find somebody to pick them up for me.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If they want supporters to pick up their tickets before Thursday night, they should keep the ticket office open until the advertised closing time, I got their at 6.53 tonight, and the staff had all locked up and buggered off home. I'm not happy, I will now have to see if I can find somebody to pick them up for me.

I would ring the club tomorrow as that is bloody ridiculous

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here