Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leeds utd - Brian mc end of season comments.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Can anyone else work this out for me?

Leeds manager Brian McDermott: "Since things have settled down our record equates to 92 points over a season.
"We played some really good stuff against Derby who are the team to beat in the play-offs.
Play media

"There are a lot of reasons for where we finished and they are not excuses."

The beat Barnsley, Blackpool and Birmingham in recent weeks so I don't think it's a fair reflection of what could have been!

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I like McDermott but this is gobbledygook if we only counted our first three league fixtures, we would have been relegated by Christmas, and if my Auntie had bollox, she would be my Uncle

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
So basically they started to do better once they were wallowing in lower/mid-table with nothing to play for? Top management.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
turd_polish_thumb.jpg

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Leeds United :lolol: Issued with another winding up petition due to be heard on June 9th. This will be their second petition of the year after Cellino paid a former sponsor and investor £1.5M to settle the debt before it went to court. An ex managing director of the club through his company made a £1M loan to LUFC which has missed the repayment date.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall

Leeds manager Brian McDermott: "Since things have settled down our record equates to 92 points over a season.
"We played some really good stuff against Derby who are the team to beat in the play-offs.
Play media

"There are a lot of reasons for where we finished and they are not excuses."

The beat Barnsley, Blackpool and Birmingham in recent weeks so I don't think it's a fair reflection of what could have been!

What a ****ing IMBECILE

So basically, he's taken the points from the last five results (W,W.L,W,D), divided by 5 and multiplied by 46.

I know people will use statistics to prove pretty much ANYTHING, but that is so ridiculous it's untrue.

What a PLEB

By the same measurement, we would STILL finish above them, with 101.2 points

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Based on our last game we equated to 138 points.

Just checked the record books and since we ended our last draw streak (when ever that was?) we are now actually equalling our greatest ever form!

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
If the 2011/12 Premier league season only counted the last 8 games, Wigan would have been champions.

But unfortunately, that is not how football works.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Yep. In the last 5 games of the season they got 10 points. 46 games / 5 = 9.2, times 10 = 92 points. Seems fair enough, are they going to mount a legal challenge for a place in the playoffs? They are Leeds after all.

So the highlight of their progression is failing to win a home game against a team that were resting players? It's heady stuff.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
What a massive tool he is. Typical Leeds attitude.

Leyton Orient won their first eight games this season. I don't recall Russell Slade announcing to the press that this equated to a hundred and thirty eight points over a season. Largely because it would have been an entirely meaningless statistic.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here