Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Parking this Thursday

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
How are the usal Park & Riders getting to the game? I take it theres no Park & Ride?

Is there any parking near by with a quick getting away? As I have a 7 year old with school the next day (with a moaning mum)

Cheers :albion2:

ramraider

May 7, 2014
Hi all,

Last time I came down to the Amex I parked on Coldean Lane and had about a 25 minute walk to the ground. Does anyone know if it is still possible to park there or is it residents only?

Thanks.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Hi all,

Last time I came down to the Amex I parked on Coldean Lane and had about a 25 minute walk to the ground. Does anyone know if it is still possible to park there or is it residents only?

Thanks.

Residents only now.

Options:

One of the three park and ride sites (free)
Bridge Car Park (£15, pay when you get there)
Park in somewhere like Lewes and get the train along (free)

ramraider

May 7, 2014
Thanks, I did the train to Lewes the time before and took forever when I guess it'll be even busier tomorrow.....and there's just something about paying £15 to park for a game of football I don't like (us tight northerners....).

nail-Z

Jul 10, 2003
North Somerset
Thanks, I did the train to Lewes the time before and took forever when I guess it'll be even busier tomorrow.....and there's just something about paying £15 to park for a game of football I don't like (us tight northerners....).

It is an obscene amount but the value in getting away quick after the game when you've got a long journey does justify it. Getting in at 1am or 2am on a school night makes the world of difference.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Trust me, it doesn't sit comfortably with us Southern softies either but it's a deliberate ploy to deter drivers (or to encourage car sharing) as per the transport plan.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Hi all,

Thanks.

Mithras House PnR is a 35 minute walk, if the bus queues are too long.

Stevegull

Sep 9, 2005
Lewes
Trust me, it doesn't sit comfortably with us Southern softies either but it's a deliberate ploy to deter drivers (or to encourage car sharing) as per the transport plan.

I am sure I remember Mr Barber saying the the Uni set the price of the parking or have a big say in it. I assume they take a nice bit of cream from the top. If the bridge does not belong to the uni then I assume the price can't be cheaper otherwise it would be a nightmare with everyone heading there to save a few quid.

Stevegull

Sep 9, 2005
Lewes
From an email I had from Paul Barber

'Unfortunately, the club is committed to parking costs with the universities whether the spaces are used are not'

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Mithras House PnR is a 35 minute walk, if the bus queues are too long.

I must be a slowcoach - it takes me about 45-50mins ...

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine

Agree, it's an obscene amount to pay to park a car but needs must as the devil drives. Oh and the north starts at junction 29 you're a midlander:smile:

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
You could park at Brighton Station @ £1.15 per hour, and then get the train.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here