Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Thursday matchday thread

Who should start the official matchday thread for Derby?

• whitelion

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Everest

Votes: 15 88.2%
  • Glasfyn

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • dadams2k11

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • someone else - please state (with reason)

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
MAGNIFICENT effort from [MENTION=23]Everest[/MENTION] on Saturday. We needed a good performance from the lad, and he's come through with flying colours. So what have we learned:

1) The Other Stuff - the perfect location to get some a PRACTICE in. Result, a near perfect match-day thread when it MATTERED
2) Club Badges - clearly optional, but if included must be of similar size
3) "&" is preferable over "And" (I think)
4) Everest MUST do this, but we do need a backup in the unlikely event of him not being able to get on-line to set it up, or indeed in case he gets run over by a traction engine with a Derby County window sticker.

Anyway, a quick poll to confirm...

And now calling [MENTION=12595]Acker79[/MENTION] for the stats to ensure people make the right choice here...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
4) Everest MUST do this
Obviously. So why have you posted a poll asking who should do it? :facepalm:

we do need a backup in the unlikely event of him not being able to get on-line to set it up
We need a backup computer for him, not a backup thread starter.
or indeed in case he gets run over by a traction engine with a Derby County window sticker.
If that happens, his next of kin should do it in his memory.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Good points there [MENTION=4019]Triggaaar[/MENTION]. It is MY OPINION that Everest must do this, but is that the concensus? Others might consider we don't want to burn out Everest. What if his mind isn't 100% concentrated on the job in hand and he makes a CRUCIAL mistake, such as spelling the ref's name wrongly, or putting in a broken URL link?

[MENTION=1575]whitelion[/MENTION] might be considered the safer option. Or someone else.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It is MY OPINION that Everest must do this, but is that the concensus? Others might consider we don't want to burn out Everest.
They can go **** themselves. This is quite straightforward: if some cocksure wannabe wants to be billy big bollocks, and starts the thread, the mods need to:
a) ban said fool for a week
b) delete said thread immediately

What if his mind isn't 100% concentrated on the job in hand and he makes a CRUCIAL mistake, such as spelling the ref's name wrongly, or putting in a broken URL link?
I think you should either delete that or apologise immediately, in case you hurt his feelings.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I would be happy to start it if wanted.

I have already started composing one in case, just as I did last week.
Then that just needs to be c&p'd.
I will be online after midnight on Thursday morning, so time is of no concern.

As for being less than 100% focused, I can tell you I im allwaiys focussed wen it cums to mach freds.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Good luck to one and all. The players can train all they like this week, focus on set pieces, formations etc, but the one thing that really matters is who starts the official thread and the header and contents therein. The size of the badges is for me one of the most critical areas where it has gone so badly wrong in the past.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
3) "&" is preferable over "And" (I think)

This was my opinion BUT the Forest thread had "and" so I think we should stick with that.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
FIRMLY in Team Everest here, he has a proven track record and one of the best CVs of any poster. For a game of such magnitude there can be no chances taken.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here