Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pulis Manager of the Season?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
After last night surely, only one candidate in the top flight

*************Please note this is in no way a positive endorsement of CPFC2010**********

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
Defo, all bias aside, to keep that shower of shite in the Premiership from when he went here, sensational effort

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Now Rodgers has blown it, he must be. And richly deserved, there's no getting away from it.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
After last night's game I would say yes. To get Palace as far up the table as he has, has been nothing short of a miracle and he deserves Manager of the Season. Rogers showed some naivety last night after the first Palace goal, he should have killed the game off but went chasing further goals. Pulis made the right changes and took advantage, he out managed Rogers last night.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Now Rodgers has blown it, he must be. And richly deserved, there's no getting away from it.

Yep, even if Liverpool manage to win it, it'll only because City had a cock up of equally monumental proportions, not because of Rodgers or Liverpool. I think even before last night it should have gone to Pullis, much as it pains me to admit. Manager awards should be about how much you've exceeded expectations with the resources you have to hand, and he certainly comes out at the top of that list.

Still Rodgers for me, the transformation of Liverpool has been incredible, Pulis runner up Dyche third

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Brendan Rogers for me. Taking a side from 7th to top of the table in May is an incredible achievement - nobody has managed that in Prem history, and the likes of Everton, Spurs and Villa must be wondering just how he's done it.

There's no doubt that Pulis has done an amazing job too, fair play to him.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Gus - done what Pulis has in keeping a sinking ship afloat but also made an FA Cup Semi and a Carling Cup Final.

Not my words, but those of Robbie Savage.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
*spits on floor* Where would be Palace be in the table just based on results under Pulis?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Does the "Manager of the Season" award come with the same GUARANTEED failure straight afterwards as the "Manager of the Month" award does? If so, he should DEFINITELY get it.

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
A town near Charlotte, NC
Gus - done what Pulis has in keeping a sinking ship afloat but also made an FA Cup Semi and a Carling Cup Final.

Not my words, but those of Robbie Savage.

Quite a good effort from Gus, but he has just managed to squeak an underperforming, expensive and established PL squad out of the relegation spots. Pulis has managed to turn a doomed newly promoted side with the smallest budget in the division into a side playing European spot form. Not sure who should win it, though as I'm unaware of the criteria by which they make the decision. Who votes?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here