Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Congrats to Chelsea youth

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Congratulations to Chelsea for winning a dramatic Youth Cup final. Maybe we'll get to see a couple of those players down at the Amex in the not too distant future. Mitchell Beeney picking up a winners medal. Bet his dad was proud.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Ah yes, those talented young Chelsea boys, one of whom- it was reported last week- earns £20k per week, none of whom will ever make more than ten first team appearances for Chelsea.

The true romance of football.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Ah yes, those talented young Chelsea boys, one of whom- it was reported last week- earns £20k per week, none of whom will ever make more than ten first team appearances for Chelsea.

The true romance of football.

Yep watched the game and it was exciting, but wanted Fulham to win it.

Fulham were worthy of at least extra time or a win although perhaps fading late in the game.

I couldnt help thinking that Fulham offered a healthier academy environment, where talented boys were developed and nurtured rather than flown in on a magic financial carpet only to ever likely to be loaned out and sold to the highest Championship bidder.

So accepting Fulham too, bring in some foreign youth players, generally they have shown you can succeed against the flawed principles of Chelsea's template academy.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
A couple of those Fulham lads have already played a game or two in the first team under Magath.

Will be interesting to look back in two or three years time and see what's happened to the Chelsea players. I bet there's a McEachran or two in there: hailed as the future, then spending years being loaned out constantly to Championship clubs. Then eventually signing for Barnsley on a free at 25, still being spoken of as "having great potential".

Spadge

Sep 21, 2011
Jeez. For a minute there i thought i had logged on to the Brighton Fans Forum..........OH HANG ON A MINUTE :ffsparr:

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
A couple of those Fulham lads have already played a game or two in the first team under Magath.

Will be interesting to look back in two or three years time and see what's happened to the Chelsea players. I bet there's a McEachran or two in there: hailed as the future, then spending years being loaned out constantly to Championship clubs. Then eventually signing for Barnsley on a free at 25, still being spoken of as "having great potential".

Of the Chelsea squad that won the Cup in 2010, only three seem to have done anything. McEachran, Jeffrey Bruma at PSV and a certain Rohan Ince.

The Hon Sec

Feb 23, 2009
Deep up County
I might add that the Fulham academy has a lot to thank our own David Burke for. He was very involved in the setting up of their academy when Al-Fayed bought the club.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here