Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I Think My Wife Is Going To Divorce Me

el punal

Having got back from Nottingham at 8.30 on Saturday, my bank holiday has consisted of :

1. Watching the recording of the last 5 minutes of the Forest game (on a loop), the Football League Show, snippets of Sky Sports News (Albion related) and lately, Late Kick-Off (BBC South edition).

2. Texting all Albion friends about said game, play-off tickets and travel arrangements.

3. Going on t'internet for HOURS to sort out home and away tickets for Derby. Going on t'internet for HOURS to find out best train deals to get to Derby.

4. Going on t'internet for even more HOURS to lap up everything about that incredible day, and also to have a laugh at Reading!

5. Going into garden and spending MINUTES looking at the weeds.

Oh happy, happy days!! P.S. We're still talking.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
If we make the play-off final, I have the subject of delaying our holiday by one day to bring up with my wife. Not relishing that....

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
deep down a woman likes a man with passions and interests.

if you get nagged, tell her to find a hobby or interest.........like divorce law for example ;-)

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I'm getting married on May 24. May 24 is championship play off final day.

Jimmy Grimble

Any chance you could upload the last 5/10 minutes of Sky footage? Would love to see it.

D Block blue

Feb 23, 2009
West Sussex la la la
Having got back from Nottingham at 8.30 on Saturday, my bank holiday has consisted of :

1. Watching the recording of the last 5 minutes of the Forest game (on a loop), the Football League Show, snippets of Sky Sports News (Albion related) and lately, Late Kick-Off (BBC South edition).

2. Texting all Albion friends about said game, play-off tickets and travel arrangements.

3. Going on t'internet for HOURS to sort out home and away tickets for Derby. Going on t'internet for HOURS to find out best train deals to get to Derby.

4. Going on t'internet for even more HOURS to lap up everything about that incredible day, and also to have a laugh at Reading!

5. Going into garden and spending MINUTES looking at the weeds.

Oh happy, happy days!! P.S. We're still talking.

This looks so familiar but on top of that I have forgotten to tell my mrs that I also have a golf society on Saturday. Think a good solicitor may be needed :). And yes we are still talking to (well for now)

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Not talking here at all. She will get over it but running a small business means she has to work rather than me. I've got a Derby away ticket, how do I tell her?

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Sake. Terrible admin.

Yeah - although it's not that bad: I booked us a week's stay in Brighton, so it's probably do-able, with me and the kids deserting my wife, leaving her with the bags as soon as we arrive. Not ideal though - play off final clashes with half-term.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Holiday was booked with all this in mind. We leave the day after Sundays game, and return on the Friday before the final. Best bit is, we've booked with BA, so if we don't make Wembley we can change the return flight and come back on the Monday bank holiday.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
When booking a holiday I am surprised that people dont look at the football diary first and say from the outset we can go anytime after the 25th May

It's the start of half term. It's a bummer. Many families sort out holidays or trips for this particular half term week.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Not ideal though - play off final clashes with half-term.
IF (big IF) then I plan on sending my wife and kids to my Dad's in the New Forest on the Saturday, then meeting them after Wembley. Not set in stone yet obviously, don't want to jinx anything!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here