Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palaces support

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Seems to be a lot of self congratulation among the Palace TV supporters (they never seem to be at the game...) over the noise generated at Selhurst despite not being able to fill it.

I understand that this resulted from a number of their 'match attending' supporters deciding they'd had enough of the terrible atmosphere and getting together to take control of one part of the ground, with the support of the club. This includes (I think) having choice over who is allowed tickets in their particular part of the ground, much like the dodgy European arrangements where fans end up dictating to the club and calling themselves ultras or some such cringeworthy name. That way they can ensure that every chav with a black hoody can sit and sing together and look well 'ard (in a special way).

It is certainly exportable (they took it from mainland Europe after all along with their St Pauli song) and I'm sure that enough chavs with nothing better to do could be managed to arrange something at Brighton BUT would you really want that to happen at the Amex?

Haven't a clue how to do polls.....

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Fair play for the noise (as u say from 1 corner of the ground but people forget that) but I like English songs and chanting. I think a lot of their 'songs' just sound like English trying to be foreign which is horrible.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Seems to be a lot of self congratulation among the Palace TV supporters (they never seem to be at the game...) over the noise generated at Selhurst despite not being able to fill it.

I understand that this resulted from a number of their 'match attending' supporters deciding they'd had enough of the terrible atmosphere and getting together to take control of one part of the ground, with the support of the club. This includes (I think) having choice over who is allowed tickets in their particular part of the ground, much like the dodgy European arrangements where fans end up dictating to the club and calling themselves ultras or some such cringeworthy name. That way they can ensure that every chav with a black hoody can sit and sing together and look well 'ard (in a special way).

It is certainly exportable (they took it from mainland Europe after all along with their St Pauli song) and I'm sure that enough chavs with nothing better to do could be managed to arrange something at Brighton BUT would you really want that to happen at the Amex?

I would love to know how Crystal Palace are allowed to let a large section stand and jump around without punishment. I understood it was against the law for people to stand in seated area's. Look at the moans when stewards have asked our fans to sit down in the North stand. I really don't think this atmosphere would continue there if they were made to sit down.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Not bothered ( as long as it doesn't happen in WSU ).

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
I would love to know how Crystal Palace are allowed to let a large section stand and jump around without punishment. I understood it was against the law for people to stand in seated area's. Look at the moans when stewards have asked our fans to sit down in the North stand. I really don't think this atmosphere would continue there if they were made to sit down.

old style ground = old style rules.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
old style ground = old style rules.

They also had the support of the club to do this in the first place. This may have been due to the board being so concerned at the poor showing from fans that they would do anything to get people in, which certainly doesn't apply to us and now they are not going to be able to control it. Interesting that the league doesn't seem that fussed about it though, perhaps someone can let our officials know so that they can calm down a bit.

AmexGold

Banned
Apr 22, 2014

Yes, it's a disgrace. What are their owners doing showing so much common sense? I want them to sit down, wave their clackers and then head off 10 mins from time to get home for their cocoa.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Yes, it's a disgrace. What are their owners doing showing so much common sense? I want them to sit down, wave their clackers and then head off 10 mins from time to get home for their cocoa.

I think you are missing my point. Let all clubs be allowed to do this and I am sure our North Stand would generate more of an atmosphere if they were allowed the same.

AmexGold

Banned
Apr 22, 2014
I think you are missing my point. Let all clubs be allowed to do this and I am sure our North Stand would generate more of an atmosphere if they were allowed the same.

Suggest it then, have you got Fans on the Board or something similar? Tbh as an old fart I found the PUs a bit annoying in a half empty stadium in the Champ, but they do get the rest of the stadium involved in making some noise. Palace fans haven't invented having an atmosphere, but fair play to a few lads for getting it going (but please cut out the Year 2 homework displays).

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Suggest it then, have you got Fans on the Board or something similar? Tbh as an old fart I found the PUs a bit annoying in a half empty stadium in the Champ, but they do get the rest of the stadium involved in making some noise. Palace fans haven't invented having an atmosphere, but fair play to a few lads for getting it going (but please cut out the Year 2 homework displays).

We have had fans ejected and banned for constant refusal to sit when asked, so I don't think the club would break the rules just because fans requested it.
I believe it is also part of any clubs safety certificate and this is why I am so surprised Palace are allowed to get away with this and not only this I believe smoking is allowed in certain area's of the ground also?

DNB_Seagull

Dirty Northerner. For now
Apr 27, 2014
We should be allowed to stand in the North stand. And palace support looked okay but we would have a better support from what we do now if we were allowed to stand. Honestly though palaces support was okay but the word 'ultas' should never be uttered at the amex.

AmexGold

Banned
Apr 22, 2014
There's an open area behind the Holmesdale you can have a fag.

Don't Chelsea always stand in the Matthew Harding? There's not a lot you can do if there's enough of you. Maybe it's different in a brand new stadium where groups of mates are dispersed.

We have fat old gits spending more time eating pies and drinking,they have a more youthful element that have been allowed to gather together and we have fan zone.Thats why we have a morgue and they have a cracking atmosphere. ps their footie has been more exciting as well. But as long as we have more in the morgue than them we can call palace tinpot:ffsparr:

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
They have an organised group which does make a lot of noise, who am I to knock that. However it does seem a little forced to me. I think the atmosphere at the Amex can be just as good. When it's rocking it can be deafening. I think it's ok to complement the palace fans for backing their team but I get a little bored of our fans criticising ours. If it bothers you that much do something about it. I don't think we need an organised group I think the atmosphere is more impressive when the team inspires all sides of the ground to get involved.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
They have an organised group which does make a lot of noise, who am I to knock that. However it does seem a little forced to me. I think the atmosphere at the Amex can be just as good. When it's rocking it can be deafening. I think it's ok to complement the palace fans for backing their team but I get a little bored of our fans criticising ours. If it bothers you that much do something about it. I don't think we need an organised group I think the atmosphere is more impressive when the team inspires all sides of the ground to get involved.

Yes, totally forced. Spontaneity and response to the football being played is what football atmosphere is all about for me. The Euro model seems to be about stadium announcers orchestrating the fans, drums, music played to start fan charts - not for me but they seem to love it.

Each to their own I guess. Goal music, 'ultras', drums, call and response goal scorers etc is fine as long as it stays away from the Amex as far as I'm concerned.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
There's an open area behind the Holmesdale you can have a fag.

Don't Chelsea always stand in the Matthew Harding? There's not a lot you can do if there's enough of you. Maybe it's different in a brand new stadium where groups of mates are dispersed.

Not sure what smoking has to do with anything.

Yes there is something the club can and will do, it happened last season.

The thing about watching the game last night is, yes they made loads of noise, yes they were jumping around, yes sky cream themselves when they do it BUT - call me old fashion - most of it was just whoa whoa la la la etc without any actual words. What I like about english atmosphere is the comedy element of a lot of songs, much of which can be made up on the spot - and of course you don't need a god awful drum.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here