Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The play offs, anyone else feel strangely relaxed

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
Is it just me?
I worked myself up into a bit of a state before Forest, went loopy when Leo scored and now I feel pretty calm about the whole thing. I think it's a combination of a few things,
Second season in a row we've made it, so doesn't feel so new and scary.
We're underdogs so the weight of expectation doesn't feel as great as last year when a lot of pundits were tipping us to win it.
After such an up & down season so blighted with injury I thought we wouldn't make it. Now we have, it all feels like a bit of a bonus, anything else would be icing, sprinkles & cherry on the cake.
But the biggest thing for me is we're not going in with the added weight of having to play our arch rivals. It was always going to horrible losing last year but losing against THEM was like twisting the knife.
My mood will probably change come Thursday, but for now I'm pretty relaxed

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I am the same, I will be pissed off if we don't perform in the games, but it won't upset me to not win through. We finished 6th so any of the other sides deserve it more than us really, but I hope QPR don't make it.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I'm amazingly relaxed: not just about the play-offs themselves but by the fact that I'm missing the game as I have another engagement. It does make a difference not being favourites and not playing Palace. And if I were missing the second game, I'd be more unhappy but I console myself with the idea that the tie will still be live by Sunday (and if we get thrashed, I wouldn't want to be there anyway).

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Yes, very relaxed. We can now say it's been a successful season.

We are finally over Gus' departure, and last years defeat to Palace is now ancient history.

It's in our hands again. Let's make it our year.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Pretty relaxed TBH, we're in the lottery, of course I'd be disappointed not to make it to Wembley, and if we got there I'd be disappointed if we didn't progress. But all in all, I have a club to support, run by people who want the best for it, with truly great fans, new and old, what's not to love? Next season we'll be fighting for our future whatever league we're in, and the drama will continue.
:Albion:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
You've got to be in it to win it, and we're in it.

Once there you need a bit of luck to help you out (see Palace, Crystal) and I think we're now drawing on a season's worth of bad luck with plenty more to claim.

I have no hope and no expectations, but I bloody well can't wait to be at the Amex on Thursday night.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I didn't expect us to make the play offs. I don't expect us to beat Derby. So yes pretty relaxed about the whole thing.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I think it took most of this season for me to get over the numb feeling of losing to THEM in that way and then all the shenanigans with Poyet after. It's made me pretty relaxed all season as I made allowances for those factors and the injuries. Can't wait for the big match atmosphere on Thursday though. Who knows we may even surprise people?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Couldn't be more relaxed. I'm still enjoying footage of the last minute winner and various you tube clips of all the Reading gimps on the pitch.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
Derby have been playing near "nothing games" recently - knowing they can't make the top two, and are already in the play offs.

Us, however, are completely still buzzed up - and it's really good for us the game comes so soon.

This is what gives us a massive advantage thursday, and because of this, it's also really good we are at home first. Our crowd fans are all still flying.

If we get an early goal, i can see us winning 3-0 or something.

Saying this, alot depends on Stephens inclusion, we mustn't forget our midfield was awful on saturday.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Very relaxed here. More than likely we won't go up but I expect us to be a MUCH better team next year and get automatic promotion. The fact that we've made the play-offs despite all the injuries and so many dire performances shows what a good team we can be.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I'm chilled about it. Sixth is a great achievement for us especially if you bear in mind the injuries and the pre-season turmoil. Anything from now is a bonus for me.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I have hope but not expectation. This year differs greatly from last year because then we were competing against our arch rivals with bragging rights that would go on for years. Lose against Derby and there is no shame. So, looking forward to enjoying Thursday.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Really looking forward to the games, but like many others, far more relaxed about it than last year, when fear was the overriding emotion.

On paper, Derby should win, based on form & final position, but we're quite capable of pulling it off, so I'm not pessimistic, just...relaxed. If we do it- fantastic. If we don't- shame, but it won't ruin my life like the last one did...

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Yep at the moment just happy to be in them. No doubt as we get into the second half of the second leg I shall feel slightly more on edge at the moment but as things stand I am not too nervous. Last season all went bad when we were looking so good so it's nice to be underdogs with less expectation. I think it suits us much better.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
Couldn't be more relaxed. I'm still enjoying footage of the last minute winner and various you tube clips of all the Reading gimps on the pitch.

Ha ha, all of this. Still can't get enough of watching that delicious ball by Macca, Leo putting it in and the Albion faithful going potty. Marvellous scenes

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

This too. Watched the goal on BBC LKO last night and I still found myself cheering :lolol:

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
Nope. Bricking it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here