Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Train it or drive it to Derby.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
Never been to PP, so what is the best mode of transport? Train or Car?

Usual questions:

What's the parking situation?
Where's the best station? (I notice it's straight connection from St P to Derby main station.)

I haven't even got the time off work yet...but damn it....I'm going!!

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Train station is tops a 10-15 min walk from the stadium - nice easy journey from St. Pancras. There seemed to be quite a lot of local parking this year (the usual industrial estates renting out their own car parks around the stadium).

The train staff don't mind if you celebrate with a few beers on the way back. The traffic police get a tad upset.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Beer - Train - Beer - Match - Beer - Train - Beer- Home.

or

Car - Game - Car - Home.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
Surely that 'beer' option could scupper the 'train' home option. The last train back to Brighton is not that late.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
I parked in the car park at the ground last season. Didn't take that long to get out, though obviously wasn't a capacity crowd then.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
£70 on the train.....could definitely do it for less in the car....

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I parked in the car park at the ground last season. Didn't take that long to get out, though obviously wasn't a capacity crowd then.

How much did they charge as there appear to be other car parks a bit further away.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Can't recall, wouldn't have been any more than a tenner though or I'd have probably gone elsewhere.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
If we lose, we'll get out quickly as they'll all be in their seats still, celebrating. And if we win, they'll all slink off leaving us to enjoy the wait.

So either way, it shouldn't take long to get out of that car park, if you get there early enough to get in it in the first place.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
A couple of seasons ago, when CMS scored that belter, we parked in the retail park car park right next to the stadium. I think it was free and we was in and out in no time. Might be a different kettle of fish now mind, given the game in question.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Surely that 'beer' option could scupper the 'train' home option. The last train back to Brighton is not that late.

There's a First Capital Connect train direct from St. Pancras to Brighton about every half an hour until 11.30pm next Sunday evening, then another at 12.24am. The 9.01pm from Derby to St. Pancras gets you back for either of those, the 8.03pm from Derby gets you access to even more... but if the game goes to ET and penalties the 9.01pm might be a safer bet to save you getting shouted at. ???

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Never been to PP, so what is the best mode of transport? Train or Car?

Usual questions:

What's the parking situation?
Where's the best station? (I notice it's straight connection from St P to Derby main station.)

I haven't even got the time off work yet...but damn it....I'm going!!

For all those questions for any away day, the football ground guide is always useful:

http://www.footballgroundguide.com/derby_county/

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
Yep, I've read that before, but it's just nice to hear it first hand, up to date....best practice, top tips and all.

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
I shall obviously drive from Birmingham I usually park on London Rd around the Navigation pub free road side parking just over the railway line from the ground short walk easy to get away afterwards no getting stuck in Traffic.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
I shall obviously drive from Birmingham I usually park on London Rd around the Navigation pub free road side parking just over the railway line from the ground short walk easy to get away afterwards no getting stuck in Traffic.

why obviously out of interest?

I'm coming from Birmingham way and I thought simple cheap train and pub/walk from station is a no brainer?

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
If you want to go by coach then just let me know?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here