Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A slightly pickled Barnes wants Brighton to go up

Jan 10, 2014
Burnley FC had their end of season awards night and not only did Ashley win 'Goal of the Season' he also said that he wanted Brighton to win the play offs (obviously).

It went something like this "Yes of course I want Brighton to go up, there's no hard feelings or harsh things from my part. Are you looking at my wife? Come here I'll tear you limb from limb HIC"

If you have an account with Seagulls Player then you can log into Clarets Player and see it on 'Sam and Ash celebrate awards'.

*Disclaimer* Due to my poor memory some of the quote may not actually have been said.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Burnley FC had their end of season awards night and not only did Ashley win 'Goal of the Season' he also said that he wanted Brighton to win the play offs (obviously).

It went something like this "Yes of course I want Brighton to go up, there's no hard feelings or harsh things from my part. Are you looking at my wife? Come here I'll tear you limb from limb HIC"

If you have an account with Seagulls Player then you can log into Clarets Player and see it on 'Sam and Ash celebrate awards'.

*Disclaimer* Due to my poor memory some of the quote may not actually have been said.

He was probably thinking it. I can imagine Barnes being popular amongst the Burnley faithful like he never quite managed here.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
What goal did Barnes win GOTY with? I don't remember him scoring any great goals.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
3.40 onwards, good little dig from Burnley at our corporate ceremony.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Barnes never has been the sharpest tool in the box I get the impression :lolol: Nice comments though.

Jan 10, 2014
The ball actually starts with Heaton the goalkeeper, he rolls it out to Duff, Duff hits a 30 yard pass to Arfield, Arfield then flicks it to Barnes, who knocks it back to Jones in the centre circle.... then that video takes it from there.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Curious accent he seems to have developed. Maybe the wine talking :lolol:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Goal of the season for Burnley, runner up in Brighton's goal of the season, both in the Championship.
Not bad for a player who's not even League One standard, eh Mr Burns? Whatever happened to Mr Burns?

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
No surprise he wants us to go up, right up to January it was he was working for. It'd be good for CV, contributing to two promotions in one season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here