Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The first 60 mins V the last 30 mins (lets not play both Orlandi and Lingard)

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
First of all Ulloa’s goal was one of the best feelings I have had following the Albion, bettered probably only by Reinalt’s at Hereford and Virgo’s playoff semi final goal.

However throughout the game I couldn’t believe:

1. How long it took for CMS to come on. Why take 87 minutes to bring on your second striker when your whole season hangs on scoring one goal? If we hadn't scored this would have been all over NSC.
2. Similarly Lua Lua and March had to come on for Orlandi and Lingard earlier who were so so poor. Neither of these players can go past people therefore we need at least one of March and Lua Lua on to help Buckley who was our own outlet with two sitting midfielders. I really hope that OG doesn’t start with start with Orlandi and Lingard but really fear he will.
3. We have to get players in the box to support Ulloa. Incredibly with everything hanging on it he was the ONLY player in the box in injury time. I know you will say who cares but this is why we are the 18th top scorers in the league! It does show how good that cross was and Ulloa is in the box though.
4. Andrews and JFC will get over run by Derby if they play as a two. Praying Stephens can come back or bring back Ince.

I know we won and we’re in the play off but let’s actually try and play well with attacking players equating to more than just Ulloa and Buckley (March or Lua Lua or both should also play). They can go past people and get in the box rather than possession based keep the ball against a side that aren’t that much better than us if at all on their day. Basically lets play the way we did in the last 30 minutes and NOT the first hour!

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Orlandi took the corner that Ward scored from.

You mean the lofted cross which one of their defenders headed across his own six yard box, bounced, before another forest player made a scuffed clearance to Wards chest who took it down and scored. Literally on a plate from Orlandi. My point is that we need someone who can go past people rather than Orlandi or Lingard.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Pig

Ward
Bruno/Calde
Greer
Upson

Andrews
Ince
Stephens

Buckley
Ulloa
CMS

Would be my team

Subs

Agregen
Dunk
Calde (assuming Bruno plays)
JFC
March
Kaz
Orlandi

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
Orlandi was simply unfit in both the last two games, but is by far our most skilful player. I would like Solly March to play. Buckley did not even manage to go past Harding and is not properly fit either. Stephens was wearing a protective boot last weeks and is unlikely to play the home leg.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Pig

Ward
Bruno/Calde
Greer
Upson

Andrews
Ince
Stephens

Buckley
Ulloa
CMS

Would be my team

Subs

Agregen
Dunk
Calde (assuming Bruno plays)
JFC
March
Kaz
Orlandi

I'd consider dropping Buckley for Orlandi - i think he offers the most creatively in our squad - the 11 there has plenty of presence and drive but little creativity. Though it seems if we add Orlandi we sacrifice a bit of pace, so it's a toss up.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Orlandi is the most creative player in our squad, he is clearly lacking in match fitness (no big surprise after his injury problems this season), but personally think he should be a must start.

Dec 29, 2011
Drop Lingard, whose performances have gone off the boil a bit recently. Keep Orlandi in, he knows how to play again opposition who like to keep the ball having trained at Barcelona and Swansea.

Hopefully CMS is fit enough to play at least one half. If they do like to keep possession, a maniac running after them all half will hopefully make them feel uneasy in possession.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here