Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Players Released from other clubs

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Just noticed Bolton have released Zat Knight and Chris Eagles amongst others, if we could afford their wages could be useful additions.

Sadly Gary Dicker has been released by Crawley.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I'd love to get Sidwell.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Eagles is a lazy lazy so and so. Wouldn't touch him with a long barge pole. Sad for Gary Dicker, life in League 2 beckons me thinks, where he will do well.

TNBA

TTF

I understand he nearly signed for Gillingham last year, he would do well for them, hope they go after him again.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Zat Knight makes Kolo Toure look consistent. All style and no substance, prone to glaring errors. Never been popular at any of his clubs.

It's a no from me.

I'd say Eagles (and the name is off-putting enough) is probably three or four years past his best too.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Zat Knight makes Kolo Toure look consistent. All style and no substance, prone to glaring errors. Never been popular at any of his clubs.

It's a no from me.

I'd say Eagles (and the name is off-putting enough) is probably three or four years past his best too.

Thinking on, I saw somewhere that Poyet had agreed a contract with him after Jan 1st, I could've been imagining it though. I think Zat Knight would be good for us, alongside Upson would provide the pace that we desperately need.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I'd love to get Sidwell.

I think he'd be great, but I can see him getting snapped up by one of the promoted teams - one of those with 'a wealth of experience' and 'knows the league' to help in their survival battle.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003

It's a no from me.

Zat Knight was very popular at Fulham where he won England caps - but he is too old now.

Chris Eagles is only 28 and has been playing well in the Championship for years. Four years past he best? (nice edit). Ridiculous. He signed for Bolton for £3 million three years ago and was a KEY player for them last season when Bolton went from a bottom-half team to just missing out on the play-offs. According to Wikipedia, he scored 12 and assisted 12. Wages could be an issue but if not I'd be EXTREMELY pleased with Eagles as a signing.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I'd like to see Le Fondre here. Despite injury and lack of match time he is still premiership class and had one of the highest goal/minutes played ratios in the Prem. Seems he is unsure at Reading.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Jan 10, 2014
Zat Knight was very popular at Fulham where he won England caps - but he is too old now.

Chris Eagles is only 28 and has been playing well in the Championship for years. Four years past he best? (nice edit). Ridiculous. He signed for Bolton for £3 million three years ago and was a KEY player for them last season when Bolton went from a bottom-half team to just missing out on the play-offs. According to Wikipedia, he scored 12 and assisted 12. Wages could be an issue but if not I'd be EXTREMELY pleased with Eagles as a signing.

It was £3 million for Eagles and Mears.

Apparently they were on nearly £60,000 a week (combined) at Bolton.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Lloyd Dyer looks as if he will be leaving Leicester in the summer, he is a quality championship player.

Just the type we will hopefully not need then.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
If we don't win the play-offs, i'd love Lloyd Dyer here.

Exactly the same sort of player as Buckley and Lua Lua, all about raw pace, but can actually play more than 2 or 3 games in a row consistently.

I live with a Leicester fan, and know a couple of STH's very well, and apparently they've offered him a new 1 year deal which he has rejected in order to get 2 years elsewhere.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here