Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

seaford film makers "look up" goes viral.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Brilliant!
Probably a generational thing (I'm middle-aged), but I genuinely am saddened that so many people, but especially teenagers and young women, now seem to spend their whole lives looking down at their phone, oblivious to everyone and everything around them.
Even in pubs and restaurants on a Friday and Saturday night, people meet up with their mates or their partner, and then spend the whole evening on their mobiles, rather than actually talking to their friends/partner sat two feet away).
Mobile phones are a great invention, but too many people now seem to be physically and emotionally attached to them 24/7, addicted to technology. It's :mad:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I remember a good few years ago, my daughter mentioned that she hadn't got much sleep because of all the texts and e-mails she got that night. I was amazed and suggested that she turn off her phone at beditime. She looked as me as if I was crazy.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Brilliant!
Probably a generational thing (I'm middle-aged), but I genuinely am saddened that so many people, but especially teenagers and young women, now seem to spend their whole lives looking down at their phone, oblivious to everyone and everything around them.
Even in pubs and restaurants on a Friday and Saturday night, people meet up with their mates or their partner, and then spend the whole evening on their mobiles, rather than actually talking to their friends/partner sat two feet away).
Mobile phones are a great invention, but too many people now seem to be physically and emotionally attached to them 24/7, addicted to technology. It's :mad:

Sadly the smart phones have fallen into the hands of the stupid people and enslaved them.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
Brilliant!

Spot on.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
We could always go back to using a pager.

pager_from_god.jpg

And my morse code is a bit rusty.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I find it VERY ironic that all of the shite social-media-repost websites like Distractify and Upworthy and all that other shit are now jumping on this when actually their only purpose is to feed into and exist within the world set out in the video.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I emailed this to my three kids, so far no comment, now there's a surprise.
They are still unseen for days, in their rooms, tapping away merrily.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I emailed this to my three kids, so far no comment, now there's a surprise.
They are still unseen for days, in their rooms, tapping away merrily.

Emailed it to them? That's so last decade. You should have tweeted it, then they'd watch it.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Emailed it to them? That's so last decade. You should have tweeted it, then they'd watch it.

Sorry mate, that's the best I can do, as I don't do any of the social media things that people tell me I should.
Funny how I got this far without it, just lucky ,eh.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here