Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

As we're all still in the mood....35 years ago today...Newcastle 1 Albion 3

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
:albion2: :albion2: :albion2: :albion2: :albion2:
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I was smashed up after a motor bike accident and had to watch it from my hospital bed in the Brighton General.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I wasn't there either, being aged two and a half, they wouldn't let me on the train unaccompanied.

That, and I really wasn't that bothered then.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
I'm there behind the goal, feeling a fair bit older now but still with vivid memories of that amazing day.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I was there, but frustratingly in the seats, we had the top tier opposite where you see on the video.....my neighbour was a seagulls special steward and got me a ticket for nothing.....beggars can't be choosers.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
If this was the match that gained us promotion under Mullery, I was there. It was great for about three months in the following season however despite bringing in expensive players on long contracts the novelty soon worth off,backs to the wall,match after match. Relegation followed and we almost went out of the league,so we should not be too disappointed if Derby are promoted.

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
If this was the match that gained us promotion under Mullery, I was there. It was great for about three months in the following season however despite bringing in expensive players on long contracts the novelty soon worth off,backs to the wall,match after match. Relegation followed and we almost went out of the league,so we should not be too disappointed if Derby are promoted.

Yeah let's not even bother trying to beat Derby eh?! What a miserable uninspiring post!
And if you have to ASK whether it was THAT game one can only wonder if you were actually there!!

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I was there. Always a toss-up for me as to whether it's that day or the Highbury semi-final that is my favourite Albion experience. The train back home though from Newcastle, the famous 'Seagull Special', was fantastic.

EDIT: Why is there ****ing background music on that clip? What was wrong with just putting it up as it was originally broadcast? Ruined it. (Yeah, yeah: grumpy old man)

Last edited:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
"I know that was then , but it could be again"

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

Indeed. The novelty had worn off long before Christmas and the crowds plummeted. Still glad we made it though!

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset

If you have to ask 'IF' ..... then I feel you must have been in the twighlight zone or something.....those were the 3 most watched Albion goals for quite some years.....you are just a ray of sunshine aren't you?......

The novelty never wore off for me or the peeps I travelled home and away with...for a number of seasons..

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I was there. Always a toss-up for me as to whether it's that day or the Highbury semi-final that is my favourite Albion experience. The train back home though from Newcastle, the famous 'Seagull Special', was fantastic.

EDIT: Why is there ****ing background music on that clip? What was wrong with just putting it up as it was originally broadcast? Ruined it. (Yeah, yeah: grumpy old man)

The music is from the good old days of Seagulls World when they used to show a retro match every so often.

Here is 10 minutes of the match - no music!

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
The music is from the good old days of Seagulls World when they used to show a retro match every so often.

Here is 10 minutes of the match - no music!

3.55 in line with their goalies head------that young feller with the wardy perm waving something or other one handed----------was ME:albion2:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
3.55 in line with their goalies head------that young feller with the wardy perm waving something or other one handed----------was ME:albion2:

So you with a Wardy perm, and there's the Newcastle keeper looking like a spitting image of Eric Steele...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here