Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 35
  1. #1
    Super Moderator Hiney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Hedge End, Southampton
    Posts
    19,229

    TEN years ago, in the Swindon play-off programme


    0 Not allowed!
    There was a feature entitled:

    "Our Greatest Days Out. Ever"

    Would 'Nottingham Forest 2014' get onto that list?

    1. Wembley 1983
    2. Newcastle 1979
    3. Hereford 1997
    4. Port Vale 2002
    5. Highbury 1983
    6. Liverpool 1983
    7. Nottingham Forest 1979
    8. Wembley 1991
    9. Plymouth Argyle 2001
    10. Crystal Palace 1981

    This was 2004, so Selhurst Park 2005 might be a contender, as well as Millenium Stadium 2004, obviously.

    Well?
    The definitive archive of Albion programmes


    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #2
      Mooderator Husty's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2008
      Posts
      11,313


      0 Not allowed!
      I dunno, it wasn't really a great DAY out was it? We were pretty lightweight and nervy, the atmosphere was mostly flat and disjointed. Plus it was an early kickoff. The whole day was made by one single moment and it was a brilliant moment no doubt but does one single moment make a great day? I can think of other trips even in recent years where the overall experience has been better.
    • #3
      Not seen such Bravery! Blue Valkyrie's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2012
      Location
      Valhalla
      Posts
      25,498


      0 Not allowed!
      Surprised Stamford Bridge 1910 isn't on the list.
    • #4
      Members Brighton4Cambridge3's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2009
      Location
      Horsham
      Posts
      4,597


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Hiney View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      There was a feature entitled:

      "Our Greatest Days Out. Ever"

      Would 'Nottingham Forest 2014' get onto that list?

      1. Wembley 1983
      2. Newcastle 1979
      3. Hereford 1997
      4. Port Vale 2002
      5. Highbury 1983
      6. Liverpool 1983
      7. Nottingham Forest 1979
      8. Wembley 1991
      9. Plymouth Argyle 2001
      10. Crystal Palace 1981

      This was 2004, so Selhurst Park 2005 might be a contender, as well as Millenium Stadium 2004, obviously.

      Well?
      35 years ago today?
      Every Premier League game 2017/18

    • #5
      Kiss my (_!_) Bwian's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Posts
      15,755


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Husty View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I dunno, it wasn't really a great DAY out was it? We were pretty lightweight and nervy, the atmosphere was mostly flat and disjointed. Plus it was an early kickoff. The whole day was made by one single moment and it was a brilliant moment no doubt but does one single moment make a great day? I can think of other trips even in recent years where the overall experience has been better.
      Were you actually there?

      Atmosphere flat and disjointed?
      Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

      51,700 v Burnley last game in 1978/79. 4,005 v Wimbledon in 1984. Same division. I think this shows the real plastics.
    • #6
      Mooderator Husty's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2008
      Posts
      11,313


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bwian View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Were you actually there?

      Atmosphere flat and disjointed?
      Yes I was ****ing there. I was stood bang in the middle and it was very obvious that singing was coming from small pockets of people, very rarely did we all sing anything as one, only really after Ulloas went in.

      For games with a better atmosphere I'll start off with Birmingham away, maybe only a thousand of us if that but sang as one for the 90 minutes, not for 10 minutes.

      Here's a to the people who want to thumbs me down and call me negative for simply being honest.
    • #7
      Resident pedant Triggaaar's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2005
      Location
      Goldstone
      Posts
      43,147


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Husty View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I dunno, it wasn't really a great DAY out was it?

      We were pretty lightweight and nervy, the atmosphere was mostly flat and disjointed.
      Wembley 91 wasn't exactly great.
      Plus it was an early kickoff.
      Which meant even more of the day was spent celebrating.
      Thank you Chris, you're a legend.
    • #8

      0 Not allowed!
      I must admit Birmingham away was a great (better) signing day but Saturday was the best feeling I've ever had at football! That will live long in my mind.
    • #9
      Kiss my (_!_) Bwian's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Posts
      15,755


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by EastUpperSeagull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I must admit Birmingham away was a great (better) signing day but Saturday was the best feeling I've ever had at football! That will live long in my mind.
      It wasn't really a GREAT day out though was it?

      You simply cannot please some people...
      Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

      51,700 v Burnley last game in 1978/79. 4,005 v Wimbledon in 1984. Same division. I think this shows the real plastics.
    • #10

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bwian View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      It wasn't really a GREAT day out though was it?

      You simply cannot please some people...
      I literally have no idea what your point is...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •